Wii Wires

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
Right basically I wanna know this...

I know with consoles u have the wires that u plug ur console in with, n 1 type is in which u have 3 different coloured wires, I think its like 1 red.. 1 white.. and 1 yellow.

However, some of you, like I do, plug the console in directly with one wire in the back of the television.

Though u probably don't have a clue... what type of wires do you recon will be used with the Wii? And if only the 3 coloured ones are available, do u think the type I want will be too?

I think supposedly, the Wii will be able to output "Component (including Progressive scan), S-Video, or composite output".

Component is the Red blue and green wires that can sometimes go into your TV. Here's an image of it:
component.jpg

S-Video is the one that has connectors like this:
130px-MiniDIN-4_Connector_Pinout.svg.png

Composite is the Red White and Yellow wires that can sometimes go into your TV or into a SCART adpator into the TV.
Composite_Video_Cable.jpg

EDIT: Soz for the mix up, I've just corrected my post and provided pictures. I'm not entirely sure if the Wii will handle RF connectors, as they are pretty outdated, and usually require the specific port (which was axed by on the Gamecube in favour of Composite). Still, fingers crossed for RF functionality too.
I think almost every TV in existence has at least one of these options, so I think we're fine on that score.

Last edited:
i think he is talking about the RF connector. the one that plugs into the cable part of the TV. it looks like this:
nes_rf_adapter.jpg

dont worrie. the system will come with the a/v cables (the red, white, and yellow ones) but im 100% sure you can buy a RF connector for like $20 or less for the wii

Mitch2025 said:
i think he is talking about the RF connector. the one that plugs into the cable part of the TV. it looks like this:
nes_rf_adapter.jpg

dont worrie. the system will come with the a/v cables (the red, white, and yellow ones) but im 100% sure you can buy a RF connector for like $20 or less for the wii

what is that thing? lol i havnt seen a system with that since the original nintendo.

Depends what else i've got plugged into my tv as to what i use, my GC always used composite cos it was my portable console. Wii will be a permanent fixture so if its composite only i'll stick on a scart adapter.

Jenksie said:
Depends what else i've got plugged into my tv as to what i use, my GC always used composite cos it was my portable console. Wii will be a permanent fixture so if its composite only i'll stick on a scart adapter.

ive got a switcher thing, i can have 5 systems plugged into the little black box and then just select which system i want to play. (press a button on the box)

soulchief said:
ive got a switcher thing, i can have 5 systems plugged into the little black box and then just select which system i want to play. (press a button on the box)
Ye, the multi-SCART box. I've got a simpler version, only I don't have more than one SCART in at a time, cos it interferes with the signal (believe it or not), thus rendering it useless.
ps2_multiscart.jpg

I'd imagine these would work better:
108.123.jpg

Although saying that, I'd love to get one of these:
scartsender.jpg

A wireless SCART adaptor.

Ye, ye, I know I'm a geek! :ciappa: :prrr:

I use a switchable (one with buttons) SCART hub, it works absolutely fine no interference at all. I did use a non switching one and i had loads of problems.

Squall7 said:
Ye, the multi-SCART box. I've got a simpler version, only I don't have more than one SCART in at a time, cos it interferes with the signal (believe it or not), thus rendering it useless.
ps2_multiscart.jpg

I'd imagine these would work better:
108.123.jpg

Although saying that, I'd love to get one of these:
scartsender.jpg

A wireless SCART adaptor.

Ye, ye, I know I'm a geek! :ciappa: :prrr:
SCART.... you make me feel like such a yankee. We don't use SCART here in the US. Nothing is completely standardized like that, unfortunately.

Back