Bought a Wii but Need an Adapter

cheap tvs about 5 years old won't have the inputs it doesn't necessarily mean its ancient and without stereo... mine didn't but my 32" tv was only 30 bucks. i got a RF modulator that connects to the RF input in the back of the tv andyou can have as many as 3 different composite inputs.

The 20" tv we are using for the Wii & Xbox was bought around '92 from Sears and the RCA inputs don't work anymore, that why I bought a modulator. Still has a great picture and keeps on ticking! The off-brand $130 27" WalMart TV in our livingroom has front/rear AV input, Game button, stereo, etc. but lets see how long it lasts :-/

What is the average of posters on here? I would be surprised if a 5 year old tv wouldn't have RCA inputs on it but it's not impossible. I'm not aware of what kinds of hook ups older TV's outside the US have, so a SCART is not something I've ever heard of.

If you have a VCR, then use the inputs on it, it should have some inputs on the back at least. If that fails, then get an RF modulator (as others have mentioned) but I would recommend one that automatically detects and switches. You'll need to put your TV on channel 3 or 4 for them to work.

DUDE, if he has the money to buy a wii then go spend some money to buy a new T.V, unless ur a 5 year old not knowing that game consoles use those.

My advice
1) BUY A NEW TV

or...

2) THROW OUT UR WII.
I like option 2 best ^_-

wow does NO ONE know about RF modulators? like 2 people brought that up.........

:frown2:

Back