wii wont work with samsung big screen

bwallace2

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2010
I can't get the wii to work with a samsung bigscreen (DLP) i have. I can take the wii and plug it into other tv's and its fine. I can take a xbox 360 and plug it into the same inputs i'm trying the wii on the back of this samsung and it works fine. I don't get it. I'm going straight into the back of the TV AV2 connection eliminating any connection to tuner or other systems. I have the source of the TV on AV2 and i dont have sound or video. Just using the wii yellow red/white plugs and nothing. The xbox 360 can be plugged in the exact same way and it works fine. I will continue to search the forum for ideas.

Any Ideas??

thanks
Bob

Well even though the wii played on the older style tv's the video cable was bad. It was roasted. It had a black look to it the others had the gold tint. I finally called a friend of mine and borrowed his wire later that night. Bam the thing worked like a charm on the tv's it was having issues with. I don't understand why it would work on the older ones and not the new tv's which used all three wires yellow, red and white. But anyways if you experience this issue check the cables real well oddly enough it may be the same issue.

I bought a universal kit at gamestop for about $15. It will work with wii, xbox and i think PS3. cheaper then the wii version of the cable which works only for wii.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks
BW

Back