Bought a Wii but Need an Adapter

SkyMoLek

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
I got a Wii but my tv does not have the 3 wires (red yellow and white ones) that you plug in. I've been trying to find an adapter like they have for all the others that just plug into back of your TV and its on thing but I can't find one.

Is there even one out?

If so where can I buy it?

Thanks alot! :)

no offense...but what T.V. doesn't have a red white and yellow plug-ins on the TV?!?!?! I understand if its a HD TV..most only have red blue and green (or something like that). I know best buy will have and adapter..but if your T.V. is HD go out and buy the red blue and green cables.

*didn't add*
^^^^^^^
if a DVD player is hooked up to your T.V. then the DVD player should have red white and yellow plug-ins.

i dunno if they work, but in our local harvey normans, the only adaptor like that is made by sony for the ps2

I have a couple TVs like that, where there's only a coax cable input, with no RCA input (red, white, yellow). Go down to WalMart, Radio Shack, Target, etc. and buy an "RF Modulator" for $10 to $20. The cable from the wall and the cables from your Wii plugh into it, and a coax cable goes from the modulator to the TV. Easy fix.

Why dont you buy a new tv instead in the good days like right now? lol
Well unless you dont have enough money go buy an adapter from walmart or bestbuy. But what kind of tv dont have an adapter?

OMG ameatures, theres only 2 or 3 good posts here, ALOT of oldish tv's (say 5-10 years old) don't have those 3 pins, instead they have a scart socket, which is the same thing, and you get a scart adapter in the box with the wii

yeah! your TV is a old TV. You can buy a adapter at walmart. you plug into the cable input

Gaz said:
OMG ameatures, theres only 2 or 3 good posts here, ALOT of oldish tv's (say 5-10 years old) don't have those 3 pins, instead they have a scart socket, which is the same thing, and you get a scart adapter in the box with the wii

Agreed on the bad posts, he obviously had an older TV and needed an RF Modulator so he could plug his wii just into the coaxial input.

But 5-10 years?! I'd say more like 10-20 years. I have an old TV for snes/n64 from about 92', and that has the Yelllow/White RCA inputs (no red input, no stereo) and that's 14 years old.

SkyMoLek

YOU HAVE A VERY OLD TV. I know maybe it's not a possibility but i think it's time to invest in a new one. Check out Best Buy's insignia brand, very cheap but still decent quality.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat95100050012&id=1099392073893

Back