help an old guy

helpmeplea

WiiChat Member
Jul 26, 2007
I need help please.

I have just bought the kids a nintendo WII and I want to connect it to the internet for them but have not got a clue where to start

I have a PC on broadband (NTL) but this is wired not WI-FI (i think thats wire free?)

Running on XP

I have seen a USB Access Point (Nintendo DS) by Nintendo on Amazon but this look like a wire free device.

I think I can buy one of these plug it into my PC and I think that will work??

do I need something to plug into the WII and THE PC or just one.

Can I use WI_FI at all?

So many question I am very confused please help.

yeah, buy one of those usb dongles, easy setup. You could also buy a lan adapter that would plug into the usb ports on the wii, this is wired though....

that's all I can say

unless they left, wait for billsho, ciper, or azwii_tard. lmfao

USB dongle sounds good, does thatplug into PC and do I need anything for the WII, are they wireless?

yeah the wii will detect it, just gotta install the software onto your copm

it's not that strong though so make sure your wii is on the same level as it

helpmeplea said:
I need help please.

I have just bought the kids a nintendo WII and I want to connect it to the internet for them but have not got a clue where to start

I have a PC on broadband (NTL) but this is wired not WI-FI (i think thats wire free?)

Running on XP

I have seen a USB Access Point (Nintendo DS) by Nintendo on Amazon but this look like a wire free device.

I think I can buy one of these plug it into my PC and I think that will work??

do I need something to plug into the WII and THE PC or just one.

Can I use WI_FI at all?

So many question I am very confused please help.

i wouldn't bother with the USB wifi adaptor.

for a shade over £30 you can get a netgear WGR614UK wireless router which will
work fine with your Wii and your NTL broadband service.

i was using one of those for well over 12 months before exchanging it for
a linksys WRT55AG (purely for 802.11a compatibility with the X360) and
still wish i had the netgear.

I would just do the usb thing if you dont know much about advance stuff on you computer\router. do you have a router and is it a lan\wlan router one with rabbit ears (atianas). or do you just have a modeom?
Go with the usb wi-fi plug. and it is free and i know it does not mean wire free but is for some certan laptops that can use wi-fi but noe one will hack you

So that USB Access Point thingie plugs into my pc (on a normal wired moded) and the WII will find it and connect to the internet without wires? (nothing plugs into Wii?

Thanks again

and I dont need a wireless router (not that I know what one of them is)

I have search for acces point it works so what is the point of the other usb adaptor for wii stronger signal or what???

If you get a router you should just be able to plug it into your modem, and your PC (after getting the wireless adapter, which you will need; these can be found fairly cheap) and Wii should both recognize the signal. Read the instructions that come with your router and follow the steps under wireless connection in Wii settings, it should be an easy setup process. You will of course also have to reconfigure your PC settings as well for the new connection, but if you have ever done this it should also be a breeze. This is the best way to connect to the internet for your PC and Wii hands down.

Last edited:
Back