How to get online w/ Vista & Wired Connection?

blazure

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
I've got a wired dsl connection with a modem (though the label says "router"). The usb wi-fi connector says to only work with Windows XP. Anyone have any tips to getting online? I wouldn't mind wires if those work.

Oh and my modem is a Zyxel EQ-660R if that helps.

I don't think that use could use Vista & Wii. In the instruction booklet of the Wii it says its REQUIRED Windows Xp unless they make a firmware update that supports Vista, for now i don't think there is a way to get connected with vista or you could get a wireless router and connect wireless with the built in Wifi that the Wii has.

Good Luck =]

Datel's Lan adaptor should work. Apparently, it can be slightly faster too.

Sounds like you should take back the Wifi adapter and get a LAN adapter instead. Gotta have XP for the Wifi dongle. Either that or get a wireless router, but then you gotta change up a bunch of stuff with your network (worth it if you wanna go that route). The LAN adapter plugs into your modem and into the Wii (you will also need an ethernet cable to go from the adapter to modem; the adapter plugs into a Wii usb port). Don't forget that you will have to unplug your modem every time you switch from PC to Wii to go on the net, as it saves info that needs to be reset; otherwise you get connection errors and etc.

Last edited:
Back