Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wired connection question...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by Pentheon, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Pentheon

Pentheon WiiChat Member

I got my wii sunday and I have a wired connection.. Im using comcast, but I have a virus on my computer which doesn't let me use my router on more than one thing, I can only use it for my pc. Will I need the router to get online with the wii? Also will I need the Lan adapter?

My modem came with a ethernet connection and a usb connection, could I get online by using the ethernet wire from the modem to the pc and the usb from the modem to the wii?

Im kinda confused with this stuff.

thanks...

2. GaryT85

GaryT85 Super Gario

you have a virus that does that? you sure its a virus, not a firewall setting?

and the usb link probably wont work with the wii, im gonna try it later when i get home but i doubt it will..

3. Pentheon

Pentheon WiiChat Member

I dunno, ever since I got the virus my router wouldn't work anymore.. I used to use my router so I can go on the computer and play ps2 online at the same time but after I got the virus I was only able to either go online with the pc with the router or the ps2 with the router, couldnt do both. So I stopped using it all together

the virus is called trojan.startpage I didn't think that virus would effect that and I tried getting help on how to fix my router but noone could figure it out. Norton wouldn't delete the virus and I tried manually but I got stuck and couldn't do the rest.

4. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

i am not sure that its a virus.