Wi-Fi Connector Question.

werly

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2007
Hi all. I just have a quick question about the set up of the USB Wi-Fi Connector. I don't have one but if I can do what i'm hoping I can do then I will be getting one.

I have a wireless network at home but where the wireless router is situated in the house gives me a weak signal in my room. I can't move the wireless router (other people in the house using the wireless network = whingers....) so what I have done for my laptop computer (which is in the same room as my Wii) is run an ethernet cable under the house which connects my laptop to the broadband network.
What I have read about the USB Connector is that it can be plugged into a broadband connected PC and then creates a wireless network that the Wii can access.
My question (before I buy a Wi-Fi connector) is this; Can I plug the Wi-Fi connector into my laptop to create another wireless network that my Wii can access? The laptop isn't the host PC for the broadband network, its just connected to it. Does this make a difference to the Wi-Fi connector?

Any help or insights on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Bumpity bump.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks.

Nope, You can use it :)

My PC runs off my Router downstairs Wirelessly and I can use the Wifi USB on my PC [I have one]

Will work perfectly!

works great with me, just do not put either ur wii or usb thing on the floor because then it won't connect and such. and always place it somewhere thats not in the way.

Great! Thats really good news. Just got to get myself a usb thingy now :)

Thanks for all your replies. I appreciate your help on this.

Back