Wii or not?

CJB

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2007
Hi! I am a 14yr old girl who has been wanting a Nintendo Wii for a long time. I am sick of my gamecube. So far I have saved up $150.00 towards it and it is selling for about $260.00 in EB games. Although I need advice. If I get the money before christmas I could buy it then and play it sooner. I could also wait until after christmas when the price might drop and I would have to wait a little bit more. I don't even know if the price will drop so I need advice, since I have no clue. I need advice from people already owning a wii. Please help! Cassidy-Jane :wink:

hmm. . . well I'd get it as soon as you have enough money for the system and a game, I don't think the wii's price will go down because it's the cheapest console, but I could be wrong.

well if you can get the money i would say get it now. but if you think that is something someone will get you for christmas then i would wait and let them get it for you, and use the money you have saved on games and accesories. but there is not going to be a price drop any time soon, the wii is already priced greatly. your next problem whether you get it now or later is going to be finding one. so if you find one and you got the money for it grab it because theres no telling when you will see another one again.

well i think if you wait till around Christmas time, depending on where you live, good luck on trying to find one..might be a huge shortage on the wii's around that time..i think..

What about Christmas? Your parents won't get it for you? If they do then you can use the money for some games or something else you might want

Ah, my sister's name is Cassidy, always thought it was a bit obscure.....

Anyways, the price drop, especially in the US, probably won't come soon. I'd recommend the system before christmas, selling your gamecube, use the next 2 months to get awesome at wiisports and one other game, then drop all christmas money into games/accessories.

BTW: where you from? PAL/NTSC plays a part in this.

Edit: NVM, you mentioned Gamestop, meaning you're in the states... why the heck is it 260 though?

Eh, that goes by state.... michigan is 6%, Indiana is 11-13 :O lol

What other things are you looking at purchasing with your hard-earned cash?

get it a.s.a.p. then ask for games for xmas. i dont see a wii price drop coming anytime soon. its still selling strong, it wouldnt make sense for nintendo to drop the price just yet. maybe like next may or june, idn.

if you wait youre going to miss out on a lot of good game releases that are coming before christmas too.

Brawny said:
Eh, that goes by state.... michigan is 6%, Indiana is 11-13 :O lol

What other things are you looking at purchasing with your hard-earned cash?

OMG 11-13?! thats insane! PA is 6%

I would say ask a fam member to go in on Wii with you ASAP, put your 150 together with like 100 of their money, then ask for games for xmas.

oh yeah sell that cube!

I'd get it as soon as possible because they're going to be all sold out by xmas. I was really lucky to find my Wii on Thursday cuz they're already hard to find...

I would totally try and do work around the house to get one before Christmas. With Brawl being delayed, you can pick up some good games for Christmas. I'd stick to Zelda, Metroid, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, and maybe Battlion Wars 2.

Back