Wii Price Higher

BluRayPSP

TF2 Best Characters
Jul 7, 2009
Arkansas
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Right now XBOX 360 prices on big name games have dropped dramatically to just $19.99, but big name games for the Wii are still $50 and most of them don't tend to have much as a replay value. Mario Games still sell at $50 dollars while Microsoft's biggest hit [Halo 3] is just $24.99. Does any think this will effect Hardware Sales? If you buy a Wii and want a good title game it would cost $249.99 (If not interested in just Wii Sports). But it would be $249.99 for and XBOX Slim and 2 Hit games. To top off more, for $300, you can get 1 Wii, 2 Hit titles, or 1 XBOX 360, with 4 Great Hits.

for $200 you would buy a Wii just to have Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort? Soon the Mario 25th Anniversary Red Wii Edition Console will be released with New Super Mario Bros. & Both Wii Sports Games, but however, thats not worth $200 (My Opinion). I'm looking at all the games I'd want to play, ALL games available for the system itself. The XBOX 360 has more games that I want and at lower price.

Not all wii games are 50 bucks. I got wii ski and shoot and the monkey king for 5 dollars at gamestop brand new not used. And a lot are 15 or 20 dollars. Big beach sports and sonic and the secret rings were only 15 at costco. And the The game party series was only 30 each new never used. And championship foosball was 15 and then went down to 10 2 weeks later brand new at gamestop. So not all games are 50+.

Actually wii is the only system I've seen with cheap games.

Remember the good old nes 8 bit days, 50 bucks a cart. Nothing ever cheaper than 50 bucks. I got battle of olympus for 8 dollars at a sidewalk sale. But that was used. Cart and sleve only. No box or manual. Nothing was ever under 50. Gameboy games were but nes and I think snes and maybe even n64 was never under 50 dollars.

So wii is pretty reasonable.

I talking most popular big name games that are worth the money. Monkey King? Why spend your money like that on games nobodies heard of? All the games for the XBOX 360 that I see for $20 are mostly Open World Games. For example SKATE It for Wii is a big name game which is $50 at Wal-Mart. However, SKATE & SKATE 2 are $20 for 360 and are both open world games. I'd go with 360s version because there isn't much loading time and SKATE It's Motion Controls didn't allow you to do specific tricks very well.

We all know wii sucks. :) If i didn't have super smash bros, i would never play it.

Wii is the best. I would be lost without the motion. Tennis is just not the same without any motion. And monkey king is awesome. Very hard but great game. Not all great games have to cost 50.

I talking most popular big name games that are worth the money. Monkey King? Why spend your money like that on games nobodies heard of? All the games for the XBOX 360 that I see for $20 are mostly Open World Games. For example SKATE It for Wii is a big name game which is $50 at Wal-Mart. However, SKATE & SKATE 2 are $20 for 360 and are both open world games. I'd go with 360s version because there isn't much loading time and SKATE It's Motion Controls didn't allow you to do specific tricks very well.

Your painting yourself as a wii hater, if you hate it why are you hanging out at wiichat? The wii isn't an entertainment "it does everything" system everyone knows that but choose to play it anyways. nintendo's a genius when it comes to marketing. "supply & demand. So there games stay at a firm prices for some time, but people will buy it regardless. the games you posted are certainly not as popular as mario. everyone wants cheap games but nintendo wouldn't make a very good profit & that's a no no for them.

Last edited:
Whatever I've painted for myself isn't the clear image I want you to see. I'm not understanding their marketing strategies. First they talked about motion controls being the thing this system was all about. Now they are bending backwards with games that don't hold any or to no motion at all (Metroid Other M, New DK Country). If I paid $249.99 for Motion, then why am I sitting on my ass doing nothing? Might as well play XBOX 360.

However, the main point of this post was the fact I can find more reasonable games for the XBOX 360 than I can for the Wii. For a good 360 game $20, for Wii, more than likely $50-30 not very many good ones are at $20.

Back