Wii Problems

techprobs

WiiChat Member
Jul 24, 2007
Ok, here's the story, I went on a vacation to China and decided to bring my Wii. When I plugged the Wii into the Chinese outlets, the ac adapter or the Wii had a big bang noise and then the whole thing shut off. I tried unplugging everything and replugging and the outlet works fine. Listen if you are here to tell me I did wrong, do not post because I will not pay attention, I need to know what happened and how I can fix it.

That probably happened because it has a different voltage outlet thing. Did you use a voltage convertor if not then your Wii probably done in and you will have to send it back to Nintendo, should still be in warranty just don't mention what you did and that it happended at home. Hope this helps.

Wait, but we didn't buy a warranty because it was given to me as a gift. Also as I said I'm still in China, so do you think there will be a place I can send the Wii to?

before you did all this you should of probably buy a chinese ac adapter becaus if it is too high it might explode if it is tooo low power it wouldnt turn on
OH and techprobs were are you from did you get a ntsc american wii or a pal wii

Errr... You fried it.

:sick:

There's a good chance that it's just the power supply that got fried (the external grey brick). Do you know anyone else with a Wii that you can borrow their power supply just to test to see if your main Wii unit itself still works?

I bought the Wii in America, ok so it's fried but anyways I didn't buy a warranty because I got the Wii as a gift, so would I still be able to send it to Nintendo? Also I have confirmed it's probably fried because I used a chinese ac adapter and it still didn't work.

well if your lucky something went wrong at the hotel and all the power got double charged and right as you pluged it in bam, it got fried.then you get to sue them!(lucky) but i would just go with what every body else said.

ganton said:
there is a possiblity that you just blew the converter up...

also you may save cash by cutting it open seeing what fried and then replacing it
thats if he knows what hes doing dude im ssrryy hope all goes well:yesnod:

What do you mean that you don't have a warranty. What about the one year warranty that you get standard with the console?

I may have fried my wii too. We used a wii bought in the USA in India. I heard a loud noise and then the power never came on. I just used an adapter plug (since the sockets are round in india and not rectangular like in the US) since the guys at Frys,BestBuy and Circuit City in the US said thats all you need. Duh... I guess they were wrong.

Anyways, does anyone know what my options are if Ive fried my wii? Can I send it back to Nintendo to repair it, at what cost? Or do they repair them in Asia some place....Singapore maybe?

Back