Wii + Projector + 480p = Headache.

matbuk03

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
Having been the proud owner of the Wii for a week now i've decided that the picture quality in Zelda just will not do.

I've currently got the Wii connected to my Optoma EP739H projector which according to the blurb, is capable of 480p and beyond.

I've looked at the component and rgb scart cables and as far as i can tell i will need the component cable in order to achieve 480p. This is where the headache begins.

The projector only has vga inputs and comes with a small vga to scart adapter. Again the blurb says that via the D-SUB (VGA?) socket, the projector will support VGA, RGB/YPbPr Scart, S-Video, Component and Composite. It also supports DVI-HDCP.

Now i could just get the RGB scart cable (Improves quality) and have done with it but i want 480p. I've looked up Component to VGA adapters but that just returns convertor boxes. It seems that my projector should be able to do the work without such converters.

Does any here no what the pin outs would be to make a straight adapter? Is it even possible?

Thanks, Matt/

Oooh! Thanks gbesta. That component vga dongle looks like the solution.

The graphics on Zelda still won't be THAT great. They are almost a direct port from the Gamecube version.

Back