Wii Punch-Out.

excessfor

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
Guys & Gals,

Give us your thoughs about a new Punch-Out remake for the Wii.

Would you buy it?

What would you change from Wii sports boxing to make it better for Wii Punch-Out?

I believe punch-out remake would be a huge hit if controls are proper.

CHEERS.

dude, I think there should be some type of strafe control. Movement on the joystick wouldnt hurt either. Better graphics would be nice too, but now FIGHTNIGHT style graphics. Maybe cell shading or something. and the ORIGINAL music should be remade.

a new punch-out or boxing game of any type could absolutely dominate the Wii market...IF done right. If they f'ed up a new boxing game i would never forgive them

They should include super solid controls. One problem that the Wii Sports boxing had was that people had trouble with the game not registering some movements.

A new Punch-out for the wii could be one of the top game ever for this console.

However, controls needs to be top notch I think this is mandatory for this game to be sucessfull.

Hopefully Nintendo will notice Punch-out as a good oportunity for the Wii.

I can`t wait to see Hypo Hypo on Wii! how about Soda Popinski Bald Bull!

MAN this is a good thread keep it active!

If they do it right, yes. And what I mean by doing right is that they let you have a special movement to bite people's ears off :D

yeah it would be nice to have better reconition of you swings, straight punching is ok but trying to throw a huge haymaker to the head is almost impossible for me, it either dosen't happen or misses. improved controls are a must if they make Punch-out.
As for graphics, they could go for a more realistic style, maybe add a First person view. I used to play a boxing game in the arcade that was first person w/o the see through guy, it was a pretty good game.
other than that they can't go wrong.

Yeah!!!!!! Boxing!!!!!!!!

man, i would definetaly buyit right away!
ghbut as the others said, realistic figures for the graphics would be nice. i think that would be the major improvement.

i suggest that level of difficulty would be adjustable:

hard: your punching speed and technique really affect the the punching on the screen

medium: you can punch at medium speed and still get a good hit on the other guy

easy: u can punch at prety much any speed and the onscreen guy would make a fast punch

I know that many people wouldn't be able to handle very fast motions, so adjustable level of difficulty would be good! I know i would want hard mode to be extremely sensitive to my movements because i love real life boxing!

yo guys keep this thread going, maybe they will make a game like this! LET'S HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love a good boxing game , when i was younger i loved super punch out, I would play that game for hours.

As alot of you may of heard EA has there own dedicated team now , well building or what ever i read it a week or 2 ago maybe they can design a good fight night for the wii or something :p

But i would also like to see like a super punchout style boxing game as well , something that looks really cartoonie.

I like the idea you have about the adjustable motions as curently sometimes i want to play the wii but find my self to lazy , so sometimes i would like to really get into it get a good work out in but would also like to be able to play it on those long work days when i come home and just want to sit down on the couch and play a game not requireing alot of effort .

Im sure the demand for a good boxing game is there and Nintendo recognizes this for sure , why else would they include boxing on wii sports .

Hopefully they spend there money into the right devolpment team and give us something solid and fun :p

im becoming like a broken record with this two Wiimotes thing but i hate the numbchuck i would prefer to use a Wiimote in each hand.

i dont like the wiisports boxing much.
as a an ex-boxer (i still have two brain cells left) i think it feels really wrong.
i would prefer not having my hands attached together and the different the ability to block high and kidney shot low is an important part of making boxing feel real

Kris, I dont know if your suggestion is possible maybe the extension cord could be longer between wiimote and nunchuck?

I like Fight Night series but it's not my beloved Punch-Out.

It's been > 10 years that Nintendo didn't emphased or released a boxing game. They didn't released any Punch-Out on N64 neither on Gamecube which is a bit alarming.

Nintendo VC Punchout isn't enough a new one is required!

Here my suggestion for your upcomming Punch-Out game:smilewinkgrin:

1. New soundtrack

2. Mixed caracters new and known.
Keep the cartoonish style this is what makes Punch-out great.

3. New moves/motion to raise gameplay difficulty with some characters.

4. Possibility to play 1st person and third person.

5. Level of difficulty / adjustable sensivity for controllers isn't a bad idea.

6. Super solid controls + ability to play with old style controller.

Some sort of Online mode never hurts either.

Am I missing something?

Keep the thread active

Last edited:
What about prinnys

Any way punch out shuold not have realistic grahpics (all the cast are cartoon like)
it should not have loads of diffrent punchies (itll get confusing)

they should make a wireless numbchuck the receiver can plug into the wiimote

A challenge for any boxing sim is differentiating between dropping the guard to block the body vs. ducking with the guard by the face.

Now if only we could kick…

Back