Wii Punch-Out.

I would definitely buy a new punch out title. I agree with the other that said the characters need to stay cartoonish. That part of the charm of Punch Out. I also like the idea of mixing some new with some old characters. I would love to be able to use your Mii and maybe get new boxing shorts, gloves, robes, etc as you advance. A good training mode with mini games like some of the stuff that Rocky did throughout the series (like punching meat, running the stairs, etc.) Man this could be great!

Any time a new punch out is made that does not deviate to drastically from the original formula it is going to be a hit. Personally I would also love to see a new Super Mario RPG and a new Eternal Darkness.

keep it cartoon-ish. use the miis. update the same old music from the original. i loved those songs. its a definite buy.

stick and MOVE, mac. stick and MOVE

Along the lines of the strafe comment, the thing that made Maaco boxing was the ability of the VR field to recognize bobs and weaves. The most important thing for the wii controler to recognize is the upper torso movements to dodge right and left. The more accurate this motion recognition is the more awesome this game will be. If you compare NES or SNES punch-out to any other boxing titles on these consoles, the thing that really stands out is that you dont need to BLOCK every punch. Countering is key. I will not buy a WII until i have played Punch-out, and after I have signed off on this game, I will buy it within that hour.

sounds good, they will obviously release a boxng game...how can you not with the wii's controls?

Hopefully it will be a good punch-out!

Nintendo is obviously not interested in the least in continuing the Punch-Out!! series. Punch-Out!! was a huge hit in the arcades, on the NES, and Super NES. But for some super-strange reason, Nintendo let it die. They did not release any versions since the SNES version. None for the Game Boy/Advance/DS, none for the Virtual Boy, none for the N64, none for the Game Cube, and no plans for any on the Wii. I love Nintendo, but they have a lot of nerve to let this wonderful franchise die, just like Sega backstabbed Alex Kidd, replaced him with Sonic, and killed him.

For anyone who has played and understands how Punch Out works it is clear that a sequel on the Wii would be disasterous if the character was motion controlled.

Keep the controls simple and the enemies fun.

Bring back the time trial mode from Super Punch Out and have an online leaderboard so that you can challenge other wii owners knowckout times!

Back