Wii region problem!!!

little_boy

Wii Rox
Dec 13, 2006
Australia
HI guys, i am a new comer and a new console gamer. (previously PC gamer).
Wii is the first console i bought. Its really cool and fun!!!
I'm from Australia and i got my Wii at 7th of Dec.

As i know, Wii had different region. US and Japan version Wii.
This is my questions:

1. So Australia Wii should be US version, am i right? Or Europe (UK) version?
2. Cont from 1st question, whats the diff btwn US, Japan and Europe version, espcially US and Europe version
3. Can Australia Wii play US version game? eg. buy games from amzon.com
4. Is the game "Bleach" coming in english version. (Jap ver. Bleach juz realease)
big fans of Bleach. :ciappa:
5. Last question, why Australia so little Wii games on sale. :mad5:

1-the version will be pal and the us use a different region code
2-just the region coding
3-no australia version is pal so it will only be able to play pal games
4-not sure i think it will come out in english but i dont think it will come out in a pal version
5-im from australia too i know it sucks

Wow I can seriously empathize with you because I've been Wii game hunting..like on launch day...games were ALREADY sold out at Myer and Target..and JB only had 2nd priority ones! I went again today to all the stores..so little games..prices have risen..some stores sold out games...FRUSTRATION!

Ok, so since Wii is PAL in Australia..I can go to any region and buy their games so long as it's PAL?

You can buy any PAL game to play on your OZ Wii. You could buy one from Spain but the language would be in Spanish i guess, but it would still work.

As for games, i was in JB today and they had quiet a few games. Red Steel was still at $79, as were most of them. Anybody know of any upcoming release dates for games? I'm not talking Mario Galaxy Q2 07, i'm talking within the next 2 weeks or so.

the game that i have now is Wii sports, Wii play, Zelda and super monkey ball.
i bought it all from myer when Wii launch.
Waiting for DQS (dragon quest), ff and bleach.
hope that australia can realease the game same time as other region. poor aussie.
Now abit regret of buying Oz Wii.
should buy US Wii:
1.US Wii cheaper (OZ Wii A$399.95 =US$31X, US Wii US$250)
2. more games to play.
Seriously SAD!!!!

I've been wanting to buy Rock Band 2 for quite some time now, however, I have an Oz Wii. Should have bought a US Wii console...more gaming variety and it seems to be much cheaper on Amazon US.

Anyway, Rock Band 2 Wii is coming out 26th June 2009 in the UK and The Rock Band Beatles Wii is out at the end of Sept in the UK too . Does this mean because the UK versions are a PAL region coding I can order from Amazon UK for example, and it'll work on my Oz console? I'm paranoid and wanted to know from my fellow Wii community before I go ahead and pre-order them.

I also noticed on Amazon.co.uk that the Rock Band 2 cover does NOT have a Wi-Fi or Pay to Play logo on it. Can someone clarify please?

If I order the Rock Band guitar bundled with the game from the UK, will be guitar be compatible with my console too?

Thanks guys...appreciate your feedback. :thumbsup:

Back