Wii Remote...Or Bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasi_Mondo

WiiChat Member
Feb 2, 2007
I have a question that may seem stupid and may have already been addressed, but here goes...

Do you HAVE to use the Wii remote to play games or is there a regular controller option?

um....why wouldnt you want to use the wiimote. And before you answer, the answer to your question is:
Yes for Wii games
NO for GC games
NO for VC games.

It was just curiosity.
It just seems like sometimes you might just want to kick back and play old school style instead of swinging the remote around.

certain games, will not use the wii mote, and certain games use a very 'relaxed' control scheme with the 'mote' (Zelda). Most notably is SSBB has been confirmed as using the CC or GCC. It seems we will get our fair share of 'flailing' games until it wears off then the real wii mote games will flood in, (Zelda I'm lookming at you again!)

Yeah, in Zelda, there is no arm flailing. It's actually very relaxed. Sports is a different story though.

Bryan_ said:
Yeah, in Zelda, there is no arm flailing. It's actually very relaxed. Sports is a different story though.

Yeah I was discussing this last night.

An athletics games would suit the Wiimote down to the ground.

Just imaging spinning round like mad to throw a hammer or discus.

Thank you, LyricistSoldier. It's nice to see such a kind & thoughtful response. Perhaps I joined this forum just a bit too quick...?

In zelda when sword fighting you only have to jig the mote a tad to attack. Theres sure to be quite a few games which wont use the Wiimote (super smash bros)

Quasi_Mondo said:
Thank you, LyricistSoldier. It's nice to see such a kind & thoughtful response. Perhaps I joined this forum just a bit too quick...?

no.. the more the merrier its good you joined...
just dont take it personal :frown2:

i just called you on what you already knew...

Quasi_Mondo said:
I have a question that may seem stupid and may have already been addressed, but here goes...

If you bothered to search wii controller even on the net you would have found the classic controller which would have answered your own question.

If you know its dumb to ask (because you know you can find the answer yourself with a little work) then you should just work and figure it out on your own. And if you do decide to post then stay chill when someone tells you it is a dumb question.

K, now, welcome to the forum, newbies need to be instructed on the search. Guess you knew about it. If not then just take it as instruction from your peer. Hope you get a wii and if your looking goodluck :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back