Wii remote shaking function not working

septicsac

WiiChat Member
Mar 29, 2010
ireland
May already be posted,if so please just show link and dont go to the trouble of repeating something you may have already posted.
Using the wii on super mario bros wii. You must shake the wii to fly when you have that power-up. No amount of shaking will work. Have tried re-synching the console and remotes and tried the "slapping" of the remote. Anyone any ideas or is the remote broke beyond simple repair ? Other wii remote works fine so not a console issue IMO,seems to be just relevant to other remote. Any info much appreciated:worship:

Shake function does not work

I have the same experience. The original controller works fine, but not the additional one I bought. In the beginning the shake function stopped working during a game and after reconnecting the controller this resolves the issue, but now even this solution does not work anymore.

Any one any idea? I will bring it back to store this week.

Have you run the Wiimote calibration tests through the Wii Menu?
(This means that you can shake the remote and see what happens visually)

Is the Sensor bar placed far enough away from you? And at the correct height?

Is there a strong light source facing the Television/Sensor bar?

maybe you have your sensor bar setting set for under the TV and your sensor bar is on top, or vice versa?

The shaking function of the Wiimote does not have anything to do with the sensor bar, so do not bother recalibrating the Wiimote to the sensor bar, or placing it up or down the television. The shaking function of the Wiimote is on its own, the pointing function, however, is the function that goes along with the sensor bar...So in other words, your Wiimote's shaking function does not work properly, I think you're gonna have to replace it.

Thanks Indeed a problem with the sensor in the controller. I sent it back and got confirmation it was broken. Unfortunately not very well tested as it still does not work. Have to go back to the shop ....

Back