Wii SERIAL # and modchip COMPATIBILITY issue

mabhz

WiiChat Member
Apr 8, 2007
Hi all......

I've checked the serial number and modchip compatibility list on wiki.gbatemp.net (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_chipset_version) and my Wii ISN'T there!!!

Its serial number: LU 309291239

I was going to order Wiinja for it, but I'm concerned now!!!!!

This different serial number means no modchip is compatible with it???????

HELP, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if it is not compatible, then it is not compatible.

If it makes you feel better, write a new serial number over the old one that is compatible.

There is nothing people here can do. Just call/email the modchip make and ask them. My money is that you are SOL.

It seems yours is D2B or later (if any) chipset. Mine is LU315xxxxxx which is even newer than yours. The serial number only give you some hints on the chipset version which is important for compatibility. What is more important is to look at the Panasonic chip inside to see if it is compatible with your modchip or not. If you are not comfortable in openning up the case yourself, then modchip is not for you.

Last edited:
heres a hint: dont illegally download pirate bootleg games and then you wont care about your serial number ps are there any sites to sell serial numbers to because i just found one

I wonder why people bother posting such stupid comments like a couple on this thread.....

mabhz said:
I wonder why people bother posting such stupid comments like a couple on this thread.....

To combat posts that state a problem without a solution, then ask for a solution.

Back