Wii Sporadic Hangs

valentkw

Playing for fun
Sep 23, 2007
TX
Wii Online Code
0529-4864-0044-0962
I've had my Wii for 1 week and have no problems other than an occasional hang with Wii Play & Sports. I bought Mario Party 8 yesterday and had sporadic hangs playing. I've been playing Mario Paper for over 6 hours and have had zero hangs.

Overall I've been happy with the Wii

I have to believe the problem is within the game code and not the console.
Is anyone else seeing this?

One other item to note is when my wife plays as 2nd player and she waves her remote looking for the cursor it seems to hang.

My game collection:

Wii Sports / freebie hangs on tennis, baseball consistently
Wii Play / Hangs on scarecrow chase and pingpong
Mario Paper / Not a single hang
Mario Party 8 / Seems to hang more often playing with 2 players
SSX Blur / Single hang
Carnival Games / single hang

I expect this issue has been beaten to death but didn't want to scroll through thousands of posts.

Thanks
Kevin
McKinney TX

If by hang you mean lag, then well some games do tend to lag, and others do not. There isn't anything wrong with the game, it just happens.

If I understood your correctly it sounds like your problem is with the sensor bar not picking up what the wiimote is doing accurately enough?

Make sure you're not facing direct sunlight (I always draw the blinds when I play) and that you're a suitable distance away from the sensor bar (around 6 feet is ideal.)

I play MP8 atleast once a week in marathon sessions with 3+ players and I don't have any problems with the wiimote.

No it's a definate hang not a lag. The console does not respond unless you hold the power switch for 4+ seconds for it to power down.

I'm going to try and move the sensor bar and will let you know.
Thx

I'm having the same problem with carnival game. The last time it happened I looked at all the controllers and one of them lost connection and was powered down. I did a reset on the wii controller menu and have not had the problem since then.

Hangs with MP8

I have had my system for about a month. Mario Party started hanging a few days ago, along with another rented game. By hang, I mean, the music sounded glitchy, and the screen stayed where it was, although if you were outside a tent, you could still hear 'crowd noises', just sporatic music. I don't find the CD to be unacceptably dirty or scratched. I tried deleting some of the memory files from the rented games, and this helped for a day or so. I can't put my finger on where this is coming from. I will try some of the wiimote suggestions on earlier posts, as maybe these interfere somewhere with other areas of games. No other hangs noted.

I have seen lag, yet my Wii has only frozen once while playing SSX a long time ago.

Back