Carnival Games causes Wii crashes

Vapors

WiiChat Member
Oct 17, 2007
Hi all. I have had a Wii for about 3 weeks now. So far I have played Wii Sports and Excite Truck with zero problems.

However almost every time we play Carnival Games the Wii hangs up and starts making a ringing noise through the TV. I have to unplug the Wii to stop it. It always happens when picking one of the roads on the road sign screen. It has happened both in single player and head to head. This morning while my son was playing it happened twice in a row.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to stop this? Do Wii games issues patches like the Xbox does? Am I the only one who has this issue? Since it only happens playing Carnival I am assuming it's not the Wii itself.

I appreciate any information you can provide.

Thats what happened with my Legend of Zelda disk. The problem just seemed to go away though... It was definitely the disk though, not the Wii

Vapors said:
It always happens when picking one of the roads on the road sign screen. It has happened both in single player and head to head. This morning while my son was playing it happened twice in a row.

It might very well be the disk as other folks have pointed out - when it loads the code for the that section of the game, a misread could stick a bad bit/byte into the game code and just lock it up (might not even result in a disk read error).

Definitely swap it out before you've had it too long - shouldn't be any hassles doing a game to same game swap!

~DT

the same thing happened with my prince of persia game, and it happend once with my metroid, but theres nothing on the disks i thought i was going crazy, i had my 360 since launch with no problems i was like it would be my wii that would mess up on me. but i just unplug it and start it back up and i usually don't run into it again

Thanks for the replies all. I guess if I can find the receipt I will replace the disk. Hopefully it won't happen to other games as well. Unplugging it stops the ringing and resets the Wii, but usually it happens again if I retry the same thing.

yungblood6 said:
the same thing happened with my prince of persia game, and it happend once with my metroid, but theres nothing on the disks i thought i was going crazy, i had my 360 since launch with no problems i was like it would be my wii that would mess up on me. but i just unplug it and start it back up and i usually don't run into it again

So you are THE ONE with a reliable 360, either that or you just left it in the box since launch and that's why you didn't have a problem haha. Just messing around, i sold mine after the third time i got it back from being repaired. Good for you though that you havent' had a problem though, knock on wood :)

kyle

When I got my Wii I started having load failures and grinding noises after playing Metroid from the GameCube. It started happening every time I loaded a game I exchanged the console.

I'm hesitant to try GameCube games in my Wii now. It's been running fine and we rented Carnival Games last week and it played with no problems.

ive had this happen before with mario strikers, but as young blood stated all i do is unplug it and plug it back in

Back