Wii Sports an answer to Parkinson's?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I don't know if this is old news or not. might of seen this on another site but forgot to post. But according to wii.nintendolife
Wii Sports an answer to Parkinson's ???... dunno if i wrote a artical on this or not which i mean by posting.

"Wii-hab" proving useful for sufferers

A hope of improving the lives of people with Parkinson’s disease could very well lie in an unlikely source! Over the course of summer, the Medical College of Georgia researched the effects of “Wii-hab” on people with the disease.

18 people were asked to play Wii Sports for an hour a day, three times a week for four weeks. The results have shown that all the participants showed significant improvement in rigidity, movement, fine motor skills and energy levels.

Also shown in the results was that depression levels decreased. It's reported that around half of people with Parkinson's disease also suffer from depression.

While we here at Nintendo Life love the Wii for its innovative controls and fantastic games, we're also proud to see it doing good in the community and improving the quality of life to people who need that more than others.

heres the link to the artical http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/wii_sports_an_answer_to_parkinsons

Back