wii system memory

northskateboards

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2006
I was just wondering when all the blocks are full because youve downloaded a bunch of stuff can you buy additional memory? Or is that the sd card you purchase for the additional memory

The SD card is the only additional memory you can get. However if you delete any of your VC games you can always redownload it anytime free of charge since you already bought it.

so u can play games off sd card? also can u backup dat to sd card and take it to a new console (e.g. if 1 screws up and you dont want to lose 40 hours of zelda)

Wii17 said:
so u can play games off sd card? also can u backup dat to sd card and take it to a new console (e.g. if 1 screws up and you dont want to lose 40 hours of zelda)
yes for wii games, no for VC games.

vc games are linked to your wii, is why you can redownload them for free... but only to your console. you can save your vc games on an sd, but cant play them on another persons' wii, since they wont have the connecting channel on their wii home page.

however, i can send you my zelda save file that you can put on an sd card then use.

so our saying sd cards work like a gc memory card and the data doesnt have to be transferred back to the console but the vc games have to be on the system memory... mad all i need now is a 2gb sd card lol only $40 anyway but i want a router first

Back