Wii to DS speaky...

Rolex

Moody Loner
Dec 26, 2006
Norway
Wii Online Code
6825-6610-9310-1313
When will Nintendo bring on the fabled functionality of Wii-DS interaction - I have read this early interview with Iwata: Linky
Q: What will the Wii offer when connected to the Internet?

Iwata: I'll give you a specific example we are planning for. Let's say your Wii is connected to the Internet in a mode that allows activation on a 24-hour basis. This would allow Nintendo to send monthly promotional demos for the DS, during the night, to the Wii consoles in each household. Users would wake up each morning, find the LED lamp on their Wii flashing, and know that Nintendo has sent them something. They would then be able to download the promotional demo from their Wii's to their Nintendo DS's. This will, of course, be possible in gaming stores too, but I think users will enjoy being able to do this within their homes. The key merit here is having promotional material delivered to your home, instead of having to go collect it yourself.

I have gotta ask, "where is it?" We are 7 months in and barely any online play [which I am not too fussed about at the moment] but what I would like to see are the demos and interactive functionality that Nintendo have been promising for a while now - is there any more information out there at the moment? If there is I can't pin it down.

Does anyone else think that they are taking too long to get this together - especially when you look at Sony with PS3 - PSP connectivity, man it's very very cool [the latest firmware update]!

I'm not even bothered about anything to the extent that they have gone to with the ability to stream lots of flavours of media from your PC thru PS3 and to PSP over the internet / worldwide...I would just like to see anything that shows some innovation building on the controller and touch screen functionality - hell even if you could stream music from Wii to DS it would be a start!!

Any other information or opinions out there on this?

Patience is a virtue Rolex... the time will come when SSBB is released, and similarly the time will come when Wii-DS interaction will be available. ;)

yeah i have to adit this is awesome! i know about the gaming DS demo servers but unfortunately we dont have any here in NZ so i cant wait for this :)

Wait until Pokemon comes out. It is the first game to connect the Wii and DS either through your home network or directly to each other. Supposedly you can even use the DS as a controller for the game

ciper said:
Wait until Pokemon comes out. It is the first game to connect the Wii and DS either through your home network or directly to each other. Supposedly you can even use the DS as a controller for the game

Thanks for the reply Ciper - but to be fair Pokemon isn't going to appeal to me but you can't knock any game which will further the experience.

I am basically hoping for a demo showcase type of affair which pushes the systems uniqueness to us as an interim measure until they get some non-kiddie / or even non-sci-fi stuff out there. [I am thinking that Metriod* is the type of game which may accommodate ds-wii interaction possibly]

Rolex said:
Thanks for the reply Ciper - but to be fair Pokemon isn't going to appeal to me but you can't knock any game which will further the experience.
You misunderstand! I didn't mean for you to buy the game, I mean wait until the game comes out because that is when Nintendo will announce the connectivity options of the DS and Wii.

Back