Wii Update

Wii225

WiiChat Member
Jun 4, 2007
I just got a wii the other day and I started the update yesterday at 8pm. right now its still at the same spot.:wtf: how long is this supposed to take?

should take no more than 5 min if that, try to restart it and try it all over again. when i first got my wii right before new years i also had a bad delay where it got stuck.

should solve the problem is you just do it again and start all over.

That happened to me aswell. If it doesn't reset like mine did than you have to switch off the system but it doesn't damage it cuz thats what I was scared of.

no mannually turning off the wii or unplugging it will not harm the system. it will not cause a crash or anything. all i did was turn off the surge protector (i have a monster power one and used the on off switch on it) and then did the system update all over again.

also, i found that it freezes when you are already up to date. it goes to about a 1/3 of the way and then freezes for roughly a min or so and then says that there are no upgrades avaible.

None of the three updates I completed took more than 1 minute.

My wii is special :yesnod:

yea I did one update last month and it took like 5 mins i think... something is wrong... you should restart. It isn't suppose to take that long.

will it matter if i have a wireless connection?

Wireless connection won't matter.

I have a wireless connection, and one system update took an extremely long time. One just hung up, actually, and I had to unplug the system from power. The Wii was fine; all my Virtual Console games were still there. I tried again the next day and the update went perfectly.

yea i reset the wii and it works now

thanx for da help

this is my first update ,since it took me like 4 hrs ta go wireless should this update take ne longer as the bar doesnt cm ta move

Don't Revive A 2 Month Old Thread... -.-

I had to reset my console for the update... No harm done! ONly took a few mins but I have got a really slow connection!!

Back