wii updates

I read it was an update to the Photo Channel, and they are doing away with MP3 support in favor of AAC. Supposed to happen sometime in December.

If that's true, that sucks. Mp3's are pratically the standard format of all music now. I've never even heard of AAC files...

so does that meen we could have music files on the wii and if so how would we import? (usb pen?)

where did you read they're switching to AAC's?

oh rite thanks alot for that man i didnt know that, can you play music whilst you are playing wii sports or sumthing

no, srry. You can only play the music in slide shows of pictures. Im dissapointed Nintendo didn't do more with it, as there's some games that could benefit from it.

Can't listen in games, you basically have to listen while watching a slideshow in the Photo Channel. :smilewinkgrin:

well thankyou u 2 im going now got skwl trip 2moz at f1 place lol cya guyz!

Can't remember where I read it jerm. I'll see if I can find the link. There may have been something about it in the forums here. I know I read it several different places.

I googled it, and I got tons of pages about it. I guess it's true then... that sucks. I guess I just won't download it.

Yeah, I don't know why they are doing it. I don't think you'll be able to tell that much of a difference in quality. I mean, all you are using the music for is a slideshow. I won't be downloading it, I don't want to have to convert my music in order to put it on the Wii.

Back