Wii w/o WiFi?

GETHOT

WiiChat Member
Oct 26, 2007
just bought a Belkin g gaming adapter wireless
but no WiFi hot spot around ,,I have Cable internet connection,no computer in the house,actually got internet just for the Wii ,was wandering if there is a way to connect to the Wii without having a WiFi hotspot and no computer ? please help and let me know if anything is possilble
Thanks in advance
Complete Noob lol

Wii w/o WiFi

You don't need a computer to connect your Wii to the internet. Probably the simplest way for you to connect, if your cable modem box is near the Wii is to get the Nintendo Lan adapter for the Wii. You just plug it into on of the usb ports on the back of the Wii and run a Cat-5 (ethernet) cable from the Wii to the cable modem.
On the Wii go to the setup menu and drill down to "Internet Access". Set up a Wired internet connection and you're set to go. With a wired connection there are no WEP codes to enter or SSID's to find so it's actually a much easier, more secure set up.
I looked up the set up for the gaming router you've bought and, again, you don't need a computer to set it up. Just plug it into the back of the cable modem and plug the power supply in. That sets up a non-secured wireless network which the Wii should be able to detect and connect to it. Your only 'catch' is that without a computer you won't be able to change any of the default settings.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Mom

Last edited:
You could get a wireless router, not the cheapest method though...

I got a Wireless Router on the Main floor and it works great up and downstairs. Defintally the way to go. My friend as a WiFi adapter but with a Family of 4 and people using the Computer all the time, Its gets shut off a lot. Wireless router is perfect for your Wii and any future Laptops or Ds's

You SHOULD be able to plug that Belkin router in and get right online (that will be your wifi hotspot). The only problem may come if you need to configure the router before use. If so, you MAY have to borrow someone's comp to do the setup (not sure about Belkin but a lot of other Wifi routers need you to plug into the eth port to do the initial config)

Back