Wii Wifi Games!!!

So much for the 512MB in the console. Those updates will take up quite a bit of space.

minismok said:
no. it doesnt have to come with the game at release. need for speed carbon is scheduled in the near future to ahve an update for online gaming. most games that are out now will most likely be updated for online gaming. so yeah to answer ur question a game can be update for online gaming.

It's easy to spot the guys who are not computer techies :wink:

While it could be possible for a game to be patched to support online play, it would eat up a LOT of memory to do this. If the game did not have the network protocols, menu's, and other related information built in originally, you have to add all those thousands of lines of code. I doubt you'll see this on the Wii.

What would be possible in the technical sense, and somewhat more likely, would be that games would ship with multiplayer built in, but disabled until a certain date, or until a system update from Nintendo that the game can check and see online is now available.

mortal kombat armageddon will NOT be online for wii AT ALL. a later MK title might though, they cannot encrypt online play through a firmware update. guitar hero 3 is not fully online for any console YET. maybe later on, but right now there is no confirmation of full online, only downloadable tracks and leaderboards have been announced so far, thats what i expect for gh3 since those are the only online capabilties for gh2 on 360, plus xbox live is much more developed than wii online. also whoever posted wikipedia links(cough *minismok* cough), dont ever trust wikipedia for reliable game news, check ign or the game's official site. wikipedia is just not a good place for unreleased game news.

Stranger said:
mortal kombat armageddon will NOT be online for wii AT ALL. a later MK title might though, they cannot encrypt online play through a firmware update. guitar hero 3 is not fully online for any console YET. maybe later on, but right now there is no confirmation of full online, only downloadable tracks and leaderboards have been announced so far, thats what i expect for gh3 since those are the only online capabilties for gh2 on 360, plus xbox live is much more developed than wii online. also whoever posted wikipedia links(cough *minismok* cough), dont ever trust wikipedia for reliable game news, check ign or the game's official site. wikipedia is just not a good place for unreleased game news.

i have on ething to say to u that is dont ever put me in stars unless ur addin me as a wii friend. for ur information i go to wii-play.com for my online information.

Back