Wii won't play Wii games only gamecube

cen1

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2007
I had a Wii for 6 months and now it won't play any Wii games. It plays gamecube games great. I've tried every Wii game I have and got some new ones tonight. The disc are clean and have no scratches. It's like it won't recognize the disc, any help? Much appreciated
Scott

Yea, the games have played wonderfully up until last week. No damage or anything. I did set up the internet on the Wii, but don't see how that would not make discs play.

hmm. Wii plays only gamecube games? Try Playing Wii games on your Gamecube...

JK. Sombody else had that same problem, can't remember where i saw it though. If your next to a Wal-mart, take it there and exchange it. If they ask for a reciept, tell them you sent it in for some sort of rebate. Works everytime. (If they give you any guff, throw a fit.)

do you have a mod chip in it? because if it does and you said you recently set up the internet it may have updated and semibricked your wii so it won't play wii discs...just a thought but idk for sure

I would suggest that you call Nintendo and let them know about the problem. I am sure that they will either repair it or send you another Wii console.

im sure nintendo will solve that problem, give em a call

Called Nintendo and they said they'd mail me a refurbished one with a 1 year warrantee. I'm going to try to take my Wii back to WalMart tomorrow though. Thanks for all your replies.

Scott

they didn't even ask for your old one back!? someone could just call them and say their wii is broke and nintendo will send them a refurbished one

Back