Wii Writers - WANTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dascrow

WiiChat Admin
Staff member
Aug 18, 2009
Tired of looking at the same old news on the front page? Looking to show off your writing skills? Become an official WiiChat Journalist!

We are currently seeking volunteers that would be interested in writing articles/reviews/breaking news/etc for the front page of WiiChat.com.

Our goal is to provide the latest Wii news as it happens and have 1-2 articles posted daily. We are also look at providing "true and honest" reviews from actual Wii gaming fanatics rather then from a press company paid to put out a positive review. So if a product sucks and you felt money was wasted on it, by all means we want to let people know. If a game/accessory is a "must buy" then we want to show it off.

This has been tried before with not much luck, but we are here to re-energize the site and this is Step 1. We are looking at building up a team of 5 writers and would be looking for each person to contribute at least 1-2 articles per week. The articles don't have to be any certain length and can quote other news articles. We just don't want an exact copy/paste of someone's work.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in then email
[email protected]

Writers will receive:
  • A special "Journalist" tag on their user name.
  • Monthly Prizes such as GameStop/Amazon Gift Cards
  • Use this for experience. Show off your work and we will provide a good reference for the future. For those of you that are students and still in school use this as possibility extra credit.
  • Eventually we would like to hire a few part time writers for WiiChat, PS3Chat, XBox360Chat, and other gaming/technology related sites.

I'm glad we have this here. I have noticed the new covers. Have you been doing that Dan?

Last edited:
PM Sent! Anyone else?

Eh, what the hell. I'll apply. I've been thinking long and hard about it, sounds good to me. :) Good luck to anyone else that applies!

if i bothered to keep up with news i'd apply. i'm an excellent writer just i get my info when someone makes a thread about it sadly

We (the mods and other writers) can give you ideas on what to write about. In fact we have an entire section dedicated to just that purpose in our staff forums. It's easy to find news and rumors! We are looking for people to take that news, put a personal spin on it, and keep the content unique. Shoot me a PM if you would like to give it a shot.

-Dan

if i bothered to keep up with news i'd apply. i'm an excellent writer just i get my info when someone makes a thread about it sadly

I'm willing to volunteer. I think I'm a bit rough with my writing, but when push comes to shove I'll neaten up.

Alternatively I could be your "Snarky Notes Guy".
Anyways, I'm around. As you see I am without a life.

I'm unwilling to accept gifts or anything mailed to me though. Sorry, not that I don't appreciate it.

Great! I'll shoot you a PM with more information.

I'm willing to volunteer. I think I'm a bit rough with my writing, but when push comes to shove I'll neaten up.

Alternatively I could be your "Snarky Notes Guy".
Anyways, I'm around. As you see I am without a life.

I'm unwilling to accept gifts or anything mailed to me though. Sorry, not that I don't appreciate it.

im down too. this place needs the help. ill review anything that seems interesting. especially cod4mw1 for the wii. let me know if you want me to help out. im good at researching too.

Sweet, PM coming your way with more details!

im down too. this place needs the help. ill review anything that seems interesting. especially cod4mw1 for the wii. let me know if you want me to help out. im good at researching too.

I'll volunteer. I sent you an E-mail with a sample of my writing. I hope there are still positions open, I am a very efficient writer and pretty good at hunting down the latest video game news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back