Wiiconnect24 Woes!!!!

resender62

WiiChat Member
Jun 1, 2007
Hi,

I brought a Wii which arrived last Thursday but I am having a few problems with Wiiconnect24.

I have connected to the Internet wirelessly through my Orange livebox. I downloaded the update and have 2.2E on the menu version.

I am able to access The Wii shop channel and have downloaded the Opera browser and surf the net fine with a good download speed.

I can also send and recieve emails from and to the Wii.

However, when I try and access the forecast or news channels, I just get the message "WiiConnect24 is currently turned off. Confirm your settings under Wii Options." No error message is given.

Wiiconnect24 is turned on in the settings and standby mode is also on.

Is there a problem with my Wii or is this a known issue?

Tim, UK

Have you accepted the license agreement?

resender62, I have the exact same problem as you. Have you managed to find a solution at all?

Hi ciper,

Haven't taken the battery out or opened the case at all. Have seen some advice about taking battery out and formatting memory but not too keen to try it!

Macarooney, not managed to get it going yet but if you find a way, let me know!

Thanks.

Still haven't found an easy solution either. Might try re-formatting/ removing battery at some point, but this'll probably be as a last resort.
My console is chipped with the wiikey, don't know if this has any significance?

This is from memory so I might miss a step.
Change your country to another (from US to Canada for example) exit and turn the Wii off. Turn it back on and enter the votes channel and change the country back. Try to enter the news channel again.

Wiiconnect24

I also have this problem. Installed a wiikey with wiiconnect24 disabled. Checked that I have a D2B chipset on the dvd drive. Nevertheless tried all suggested tricks with formatting and battery / power supplly removal. No result.

I can use the Opera Browser, no problem. Now use a static IP address and even changed MTU into 1500, as suggested by Nintendo. System update also worked well.

I cannot access the 'enquetekanaal' as it gives error code 222001.

And both the news and weatherchannel tell me I have wiiconnect24 disabled. When I actually disable it in the wii settings, I additionally receive an error code, which is probably normal behaviour.

I'm using an Asus wl-500gp router, updated firmware (1975, june 2007), turned off all firewall features and still no result. Also tried the above suggestion changing country. Also no result.

My internet provider is Lybrandt telecom in the Netherlands, usual speed between 10 and 20 mb/s.

Any new suggestions very welcome

Anyone a solution yet

i have bought mine yesterday an also have problems with wiiconnect24. Cannot access the whether and newschannel. LIving in Holland so do we also have to set it to another country to try?

Nope, friends of mine with a Wii (of which one has a wiikey installed) have normal access to the news and weather channel, so it's a specific problem. Hoping for an update of either the wiikey or the wii firmware.

In order to access the weather and news channel you ALSO have to turn on wiiconnect24 STANDBY ON.

billcsho said:
Try setting the MTU to 1500. That solve my problem with weather/news channel.

That's what Nintendo suggests. But it still didn't work. So probably there seem to be people, including Mii, who tried ALL the offered solutions till today on ALL forums and still own a console that doesn't connect to the Weather and News channel.

See, this thread supersedes the level of solutions like 'to turn on wiiconnect24 STANDBY ON'. We probably have to wait for either a Wii firmware update or some non-Nintendo source firmware patch.

Back