Wiimote keeps cutting out

randomdude64

Prowd Owner of A Wii
Dec 28, 2006
When i am happily playing my games my wiimote will frequently cut out or disconect then a fter a few seconds it will sometimes re-connect. I was wondering if anyone had a fix for it or will i have to buy a whole new remote.

P.S. it is the remote that came with my Wii

Maybe your sensor bar isn't plugged in properly, try blowing on the connection or something. Try and keep the sensor bar level and in a place where it will connect with the WiiMote, good luck, it should kick in soon. Oh and the obvious, try changing batteries, re-syncing and all that jazz.

Last edited:
I have another remote that didn't come with the wii but that one works fine it is only the original remote that keeps cutting out

ganton said:
step one- replace battires
step two - resynce
step three - rep me (optional)((click greenshroom))

Begging for rep is n00bish.

randomdude64 said:
I have another remote that didn't come with the wii but that one works fine it is only the original remote that keeps cutting out
Maybe you broke the first one, did you hit it REALLY hard on anything? Did you let very young cousins or whatever use it when they could've broken it without you seeing?

Matt's_A_Bluebird said:
Maybe your sensor bar isn't plugged in properly, try blowing on the connection or something. Try and keep the sensor bar level and in a place where it will connect with the WiiMote, good luck, it should kick in soon.

Ok, I don't mean to be an arsehole, but a handful of you guys need to learn about the technology behind the Wii. The sensor bar has nothing to do with the Wiimote connection - all it is is four IR LEDs; the data transmission is handled with Bluetooth technology. I'm pretty sure that if the Wii used IR for the connection, we'd all have complained about latency issues and disconnection way before now.

(Already posted this fact here.)

Last edited:
Stalky said:
Ok, I don't mean to be an arsehole, but a handful of you guys need to learn about the technology behind the Wii. The sensor bar has nothing to do with the Wiimote connection - all it is is four IR LEDs; the data transmission is handled with Bluetooth technology. I'm pretty sure that if the Wii used IR for the connection, we'd all have complained about latency issues and disconnection way before now.

(Already posted this fact here.
I do know about the bluetooth for the buttons and sensor bar for the motion, I was just giving suggestions. I don't need to learn anymore about the technology behind the Wii thanks.

I don't think that i have to get closer to my wii because i am borderline to being too close as it is. i know that the batteries aren't low because i have changed them twice and they came straight from the packet. I do have a younger brother who uses it so i will interrogate to see if he has hit it hard but if that doesn't work i don't know what to do.

Apparently my brother hasn't hit it and i have changed the batteries again
so if you can sugest anything else then i am all ears

Back