Wiimote & Nunchuk Tips for Goldeneye

00Angelhrt

Heart Breaker
Jan 20, 2012
Wii Online Code
3333-4444-5555-6666
Since it seems most people are split between using the Wiimote & Nunchuk vs a Classic Controller I've decided to teach myself how to use the Wiimote & Nunchuk.

The only problem with that plan is I'm awful!

Does anyone out there have any tips or tricks for using the Wiimote & Nunchuk in Goldeneye?

I've read posts saying that you can peak around corners but I haven't figured that one out yet
:sick:

peaking round corners is simple.

aim with the ads (default is 'Z') and tilt the nunchuck to the side you wish to lean to. the further you lean the nunchuck the more you lean round the corner and the faster you lean the nunchuck- the faster you lean. then release the zoom to reset or lean nunchuck back if you still want to keep scope on.

------------

another tip for meleeing- that works for me: i sit down to play and play with my arms resting (or nearly resting) on my knees....BUT i keep my left hand (nunchuck) slightly higher.

the reason is because when your hands are level the natural thing to do is raise the nunchuck then swing down.
when your nunchuck hand is higher than the level of your wii-mote hand then a fast downward motion is the natural move- AND ITS EVRR SO SLIGHTLY FASTER....and trust me for a two hit melee kill, that can be a life saver.

----

must go for now- but when i get time ill give you some more of my personal tips - who knows if they will help you too much but its worth a try.

ooo heres another, this one i have NOT tried, but i have a few ge friends who swear by it.

switch the melee and reload defaults.
assuming you are using the default setting for wii mote play then to reload it is '-' and to melee it is a swing of the nunchuck.
they say to switch them so melee is '-' and swing of nunchuck reloads.

im too set in my ways to try it though lol.

-----------------

my run and gun 'aim compensation': as you are running around your guy bobs around as you would expect. also holding the trigger and firing off rounds causes the gun to go upwards slightly.

so what do you do?

personally, whilst sprinting around i have my wiimote aimed at a very shallow angle DOWNWARDS. as you bob up and fire a burst you generaly find you will end up hitting centre mass of your target- starting around lower chest height raising to a bullet between the eyes.

works for me anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, Thanks I finally figured out how to peak around corners but now out of habit I keep crouching every time I want to melee and I throw a grenade every time I want to crouch!

Also I have the Wiimote resting on a pillow but I still can't seem to keep it steady

All ture and actual good advice

peaking round corners is simple.

aim with the ads (default is 'Z') and tilt the nunchuck to the side you wish to lean to. the further you lean the nunchuck the more you lean round the corner and the faster you lean the nunchuck- the faster you lean. then release the zoom to reset or lean nunchuck back if you still want to keep scope on.

------------

another tip for meleeing- that works for me: i sit down to play and play with my arms resting (or nearly resting) on my knees....BUT i keep my left hand (nunchuck) slightly higher.

the reason is because when your hands are level the natural thing to do is raise the nunchuck then swing down.
when your nunchuck hand is higher than the level of your wii-mote hand then a fast downward motion is the natural move- AND ITS EVRR SO SLIGHTLY FASTER....and trust me for a two hit melee kill, that can be a life saver.

----

must go for now- but when i get time ill give you some more of my personal tips - who knows if they will help you too much but its worth a try.

combine the aim compensation, when sprinting, with hitting the ads as you see the target...... amazing results if you havent found this yourself already.

Nice, Thanks I finally figured out how to peak around corners but now out of habit I keep crouching every time I want to melee and I throw a grenade every time I want to crouch!

Also I have the Wiimote resting on a pillow but I still can't seem to keep it steady

i think there is NOTHING WRONG with a slightly shaky aim.

you are probably over thinking it and worrying too much about it. after a little while i found that my aim was steady enough to hit any target with a pistol up to a few metres. but if i was to aim at something further away it "appears" my aim is less steady.

ITS NOT! its just as steady, its all about angles and degrees.

like on a map: 1 out over 100 metres is nothing.

but half a degree over 100 miles is another city altogether.

so dont worry- stop thinking about it and without anything physically changing- your aim WILL improve.

sounds weird maybe- but trust me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ooo heres another, this one i have NOT tried, but i have a few ge friends who swear by it.

switch the melee and reload defaults.
assuming you are using the default setting for wii mote play then to reload it is '-' and to melee it is a swing of the nunchuck.
they say to switch them so melee is '-' and swing of nunchuck reloads.

Can you custom set the settings for individual buttons?
I see the option to change the button layout but I am only getting preset layouts (Vesper, Aki etc)

ah- tbh im not too sure... that one is purely 3rd hand info from a few lvl 50+'s i sometimes play with.
and i cant get to my wii atm either to try
sorry:frown5:

-----

a little update to the "peaking round corners"...

windows: you approach the upstairs windows of docks and jump through then "bang" the camper by the windowsill gets you. (same for similar situations on other levels)

but something i like to exploit is the fact that the camper on the outside in the corners cant hit you as you poke your gun round, but you can sure as hell pop 6 in his skull.

have fun with that one :sick:

Last edited:
Nice tips Cynic! I couldn't have explained those better myself. All very good tips that I use a lot.

Back