Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wireless Wifi Adaptor

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by antdel, Mar 16, 2008.

1. antdel

antdel anth

Anyone know if the wireless adatpor will work with a wireless laptop, as in my router doesnt give a strong enough signal for my wii and its extremely laggy, so i was thinking of hooking that adaptor to my laptop so that i can use to signal from the laptop and resend it out? just lemme know thanks

2. Band geek

Band geek Let's Go Mountaineers!

If it's a high-speed wireless connection, it should work. There's also a way to turn your Nintendo USB Connector into a wireless access point for other devices (PSP, laptop, etc.).

3. antdel

antdel anth

k well i borrowed it from my buddy but couldn't get it going if i made it an access point that might get it going, have any idea how to get that going?

4. Band geek

Band geek Let's Go Mountaineers!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390312

This will show you how to turn your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector into a wireless acess point. A few things I should tell you before you start- you will have to download a few things, and uninstall the USB Connector's drivers before you begin. Also, when I turned mine into a general access point, my laptop could connect to it, but my DS and Wii could not. Maybe you'll have better luck. I hope this helps!

5. Frog

Frog WiiChat Member

Yes, the official Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter works well.

I use a citywide Wi-Fi network for my laptop. I connect to that network via the usb wi-fi adapater by nintendo which is connected to my laptop. Works really well.

I don't have a wireless router because I connect directly to the city's wi-fi via my laptop wireless nic. The wii cannot connect to these types of networks because you have to click a TOS(Terms of Service) link on a web-page each time you use it. Thus you can get around this by using Nintendo's USB wi-fi adapter on your PC/laptop.