Wireless Wifi Adaptor

antdel

anth
Feb 22, 2008
Anyone know if the wireless adatpor will work with a wireless laptop, as in my router doesnt give a strong enough signal for my wii and its extremely laggy, so i was thinking of hooking that adaptor to my laptop so that i can use to signal from the laptop and resend it out? just lemme know thanks

If it's a high-speed wireless connection, it should work. There's also a way to turn your Nintendo USB Connector into a wireless access point for other devices (PSP, laptop, etc.).

k well i borrowed it from my buddy but couldn't get it going if i made it an access point that might get it going, have any idea how to get that going?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390312

This will show you how to turn your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector into a wireless acess point. A few things I should tell you before you start- you will have to download a few things, and uninstall the USB Connector's drivers before you begin. Also, when I turned mine into a general access point, my laptop could connect to it, but my DS and Wii could not. Maybe you'll have better luck. I hope this helps!

antdel said:
Anyone know if the wireless adatpor will work with a wireless laptop, as in my router doesnt give a strong enough signal for my wii and its extremely laggy, so i was thinking of hooking that adaptor to my laptop so that i can use to signal from the laptop and resend it out? just lemme know thanks
Yes, the official Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter works well.

I use a citywide Wi-Fi network for my laptop. I connect to that network via the usb wi-fi adapater by nintendo which is connected to my laptop. Works really well.

I don't have a wireless router because I connect directly to the city's wi-fi via my laptop wireless nic. The wii cannot connect to these types of networks because you have to click a TOS(Terms of Service) link on a web-page each time you use it. Thus you can get around this by using Nintendo's USB wi-fi adapter on your PC/laptop.

Back