Witch Mp3 to get?

DRMARIO said:
You're not even gonna give us all a reason then? You're probably another stupid little Apple fanboy. I honestly dont care about who wins the 'war' between apple and Microsoft, I love them both, But you cant deny the fact that corporations can screw up, especially when they have a hand in computing..

I'm an Apple fan yes, "fanboy"? I think not. I know alot about both systems and I can tell you this, Apple does not put out a bad product.

As far as winning the 'war' I could give a crap. I've had 6 PC's built over the last 3.5 years all with their fair share of problems. Although i've only had 1 Apple Powerbook, for the last 3.5 years. Not 1 problem at all, never.

Apple products are solid, reliable and just plain work the way they should. Same goes for the iPod (which btw is why it's the best selling MP3 player in the world)

Anyone who says anything different about Apple as a company and their product reliability has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

DRMARIO said:
You're not even gonna give us all a reason then? You're probably another stupid little Apple fanboy. I honestly dont care about who wins the 'war' between apple and Microsoft, I love them both,
Not trying to start a fight, but you didn't give a reason either, so why should he have to be any less vague?

DRMARIO said:
But you cant deny the fact that corporations can screw up, especially when they have a hand in computing..
Yeah, Microsoft's main trademark is really not the windoz symbol for me, but the B.S.O.D. (blue screen of death). The only reason they have the dominant OS is because they first created monopoly and then after lawsuits, they've convinced sooo many businesses that Windoz is the only OS that will run all their apps, which is of course, complete BS.

DRMARIO said:
Now, I will agree with you , Apples Products are sturdy and reliable..But alot of people dont have much experience with these things, but them, dont know how to use them properly, and voila, The product seems to screw up.
I ALso, Know that Apple CAN release bad products, Take the latest version of itunes for example, theyre bringing out so many things to 'resolve it', but the problem of it crashing older generation ipods is still happening. Apple CAN screw up, And like i said, so can Microsoft. Microsoft are one of the main culprits for it, and Nate, i do agree with you about the Blue Screen of Death..Man they suck..

Anyway, Like i said, Both sides can screw up, Both sides can have glitches in products, and thats why i dont tend to buy a product on release (Unless its nintendo >.<)

I dont want to speak any more of this, i came on here to help out a member, not to start an argument. And im quite wsick of having to write whopping big replies.

Well, no offense, but if you explain your reasoning better in your first reply(s), then people won't misunderstand where you're coming from.

Also, I wasn't arguing with you about the fact that both companies have turned out crap. While I don't know about these problems with iTunes because I didn't have any problems with it, except for probably the first week, but then they sent out an update, and I seriously haven't had any trouble. That's probably because I have a Mac and the Mac version is just better made. I've used iTunes on Windoz and yeah, I understand why Windowz users don't like iPods/iTunes; I believe it's a problem on both sides with iTunes, leaning towards poor porting on Apple's part. Shoot, Wozniak himself admits there's been a number of poorly made products by his company. However, I find Windows puts out more crap than Apple and also, Windows has tons of viruses, trojans, spyware while Macs have a total of 0 viruses and little to no spyware, although if you start running Windows on a Mac, you will get viruses, but only through boot camp; using Parallels, you can't get any, which essentially means running Windows on a Mac is safer than running Windows on a self-made or store bought PC.

I heard a lot of good news about the Zen.
The Zune is horrible because of the fact you have to BUY all music that you put on it.
The iPod is always a good choice.

DRMARIO said:
Now, I will agree with you , Apples Products are sturdy and reliable..But alot of people dont have much experience with these things, but them, dont know how to use them properly, and voila, The product seems to screw up.
I ALso, Know that Apple CAN release bad products, Take the latest version of itunes for example, theyre bringing out so many things to 'resolve it', but the problem of it crashing older generation ipods is still happening. Apple CAN screw up, And like i said, so can Microsoft. Microsoft are one of the main culprits for it, and Nate, i do agree with you about the Blue Screen of Death..Man they suck..

Anyway, Like i said, Both sides can screw up, Both sides can have glitches in products, and thats why i dont tend to buy a product on release (Unless its nintendo >.<)

I dont want to speak any more of this, i came on here to help out a member, not to start an argument. And im quite wsick of having to write whopping big replies.
the problem with iTunes only occoured with Windows side of the app, not Mac. so they only half screwed up lol

Thanks guys! I've noticed that you guys(not all of you) are all siding with one product but any how I'm probably getting zune, i played around with my friends zune and it is really great i mean the custom background and the fm radio i really like it. i'll probably buy one soon. I'll provide a review aswell!:thumbsup:

I would suggest a Zen Micro Photo (or just a Zen Micro if you don't want pictures). I got a Zen Micro and recently upgraded to a Zen Micro Photo. I have to say, sweet MP3 player. I am an Anti-iPod guy, I especially hate iTunes. My hatred actually stems from my dislike of Apple and it's OS. Macs plain suck. Other than for PS, it just sucks. I'm microsoft all the way (My Vista's coming in 3-5 days!!)

not to be a grammer nazi but WHICH is which one, witch is like the wicked witch of the west! lol sorry had to get that out of my system

me personally, i have the mrobe made by olympus. i wouldnt trade it in for the world! 5 g and the thing cost me only 50$!!! how you ask? well i USED to work in sales at radioshack (god i hated that job!) and the mrobe when released was 119$. i got my 10% off employee discount and apparently there was a 50$ rebate attached to it. now normally i dont fill out rebates BUT for some reason i got an email saying that it was recieved by radioshacks rebate center and in 8-10 weeks, id get a 50$ check! how random is that!

i later found out from my district manager that after the mrobes were completely sold out throught all the districts, they were discontinued.....why you ask? because the rebate was NEVER suppost to be attached to that! we f*cked it up LMAO! oh well!!!!!!

its basically a carbon clone of the ipod mini. the only thing is is that its all touch screen and its got a red and black LCD screen not white and grey/blue. its awesome check it out on the website for olympus! :D

haha man now everyone has diffrent opinions so u dont know what the heck u want now right? lol well you should go online and search all the specs of the top ones like ipod, zune zen and other things and also the ones that suit your needs... its better to go with your opinion than others lol

gh05t said:
haha man now everyone has diffrent opinions so u dont know what the heck u want now right? lol well you should go online and search all the specs of the top ones like ipod, zune zen and other things and also the ones that suit your needs... its better to go with your opinion than others lol

haha, thats a good idea!!! best buy has that where you can personally select what features youd like in your MP3 player :)

<hint hint> you should still go for the mrobe ;) <hint hint nudge nudge> LMAO!

iPod all the way. Am i an apple fanboy? maybe. I like Apple, I like their hardware, I like their software, I like their products, I like they way they run their company, and I like them better than Windows. So if that makes me an Apple fanboy then so be it.

iPods work. If you take care of them they will work for a long time. I've had my 3G 20Gig since it came out in '03 and I've only had to reformat it once. It still works like a charm. I even still have the original pair of Apples little white headphones that came with it.

A vast majority of people I know that had Zen players had them broken/ replaced multiple times. No chance i would buy one of those.

The Zune looks cool, and some of the "social music" features seem really cool to me. Is it true that if you come in range of another Zune you can get music from theirs, and then download it if you like? But, I've read somewhere that the sales were not as good as Microsoft had expected. And the iTunes store is already so huge, I don't see how Microsoft could make their service at the same level

Just buy what you want. But the ability to have a "custom background" is kind of a dumb point to make your decision on.

Last edited:
Tank I must say something, my friend got a zune, he let me try and its great! he just got it for xmas his little bro gotta 30G Ipod video(black), they got a case for the ipod now i took it out of the case: it looked like **** but his zune which my friend got looked fine. Now i know this is all picky picky about how it looks but i care about that. But on the inside I love the ipod but id rather get a zune. Me and my family have the intel imac and i like better than windows but I do want windows on my mac any how i have no idea why told you all that but who cares.

Oh and Tank microsft is gonna have 1 million zune sold in about a month which is pretty good because there only being sold in one country and there competing against IPOD (the big cheese)

Back