wtf!?! wii online just suddenly stopped working

yobryan2001

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
California
so I went on Everybody Votes, then I went to wii sports for about a half hour, then I turned off the system, half hour later go back on to go to the news channel and it says my internet isn't working, so i go to connection test and it gets an error code and all that, so I turn it off but the ORANGE light is still working, so i think it maybe got fixed by itself so I go back to news channel and this time it doesnt even try to connect, it just instantly says "u need the internet to use this channel" or something like that. so then I went back to internet connection, and nothing changed!! everything is written in right!! and obviously my INTERNET is still working on my PC sooooo idk

p.s. I have a wireless connection, and don't even ask me about all that "server" and "modems" cause I dont know any of that kinda stuff lol.

yea same here wut i did was unplug my router and wait 15 sec. then turn back in it should fix prob.

well thanks, but like i said i dont really know what a "router" is, cause the connection is wireless, I know I got a liitle box next to my PC and I guess thats probably the router, but my PC is just fine so I doubt thats the problem, but you know more than me. so when you say unplug are you sure that won't mess up my PC connection??

I have wireless internet as well and when my fiance brings his Wii over (wii online wont even connect for him at his house due to his router settings) we have to reconfigure the internet settings to the Wii, even though it's saved.

I do this each time we need to get online with the Wii.

You don't need to mess with your router to do this. Just go under the connection settings on the Wii and look for an access point. It should locate your router and you choose it and it should run a test. If the test is successful, you should be able to get online.

I hope that advice helps ^^;

Get a Netgear Wireless MIMO. It works perfectly with the Wii/DS. My old router was terrible..... Plus the blue LEDS on the MIMO look awsome:thumbsup:

mine did that the other day. i think it was nintendo maybe. all my other wireless was fine and so was my internet. but it is also hard to tell. i did not do anything to the router or modem, and later it was working fine.

damn, this is universal. i mean, i use the wifi-usb, but mine went down today as well. internet on computer fine, wifi connection fine, no wii...... conspiracy? probably not.

Major Tom said:
Mine never wen't down. At least not that I know of. Except Monday. The Wii Shop Channel woudn't work....

the shop channel goes down every other minute, seriously.

Back