Yet Another NEW Super Mario Galaxy Video (2)

I hate to be a skeptic, but I have a feeling that this game is going to go down the same road as Mario Sunshine...just a guess though.

wikipedia said:
Super Mario Sunshine was initially well received by game reviewers. The British Nintendo Official Magazine gave it 10/10, NGC Magazine awarded the game 96%, IGN gave the game 9.4/10, praising the addition of the water backpack for improving the gameplay.*Toonami gave the game 10/10. Gamespy also gave the game 9.4/10, praising the "wide variety of moves and the beautifully constructed environments". GameSpot gave the game 8.0/10, criticizing the various additions including the water backpack and Yoshi as mere gimmicks. It also found fault in the camera system and cited that the game seemed somewhat unpolished and rushed. GameCritics.com criticised the game for featuring "little of the gameplay innovation that the Mario series is so famous for" in addition to the "lack of variety in the environmental design". The game has since been harshly criticised for lack of gameplay innovations and polish. Australian Publication Hyper Magazine gave Super Mario Sunshine an overall score of 93 out of 100, giving the game the "Hyper Big Rubber Stamp of Approval." More than five years after the game's release Matt Walsh of CVG accused the game of having a "distinct lack of polish and occasional moments where the game practically stood up and shouted 'Oh my god! Somebody forgot to finish me!'" and that it "had Mario fans frothing at Nintendo's door. It never did achieve the popularity of its predecessor, Super Mario 64.

And as of 2007, 5.5 million copies of Super Mario Sunshine have been sold, and is the second best selling game on the Nintendo Gamecube, second to Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Yeah it might :thumbsup:
It'll sell more though as will Brawl. It'll be more innovative as well. It also looks plenty polished enough for me. I can just tell. Besides the generations of games go in a specific pattern: Nes: innovative SNES:souped up but same formula N64: a new dimension, plenty innovative GC: same formula Wii: Motion sensing and pointing, innovative enough etc.

Last edited:
remember this though. Game generation s really do follow the pattern I typed below. Gc continued the 64s formula, but now theres motion. HELLO INNOVATION!!!

Back