Youtube videos wont play on my internet channel :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrm64

WiiChat Member
Feb 28, 2010
NY,Albany
whenever i go to a vid it says “old flas? go upgrade!” but u can do any downloading r' installing on the internet channel. I even tried reinstaling the channel but no luck. can anyone help this poor noob out? lol :p

Yeah i noticed that too. youtube changed the page format and now we have to go to youtube xl which is annoying. :(

Youtube standard will sometimes play on my wii and sometimes not (without any warning). Haven't tried the XL version yet.

I can play them fine, it's playing them well that I have problems with. Super slow, and even when I let it buffer all the way the videos are choppy. And this is with Comcast high-speed internet, the fastest kind in Florida. >.> Other people have similar problems and it kind of irritates me seeing as I could play them somewhat decently on my PS3. Hard to make the Wii my favorite console when online isn't the best. Take SSBB for example. What's up with not being able to see each others names? And the slow response to button pressing? Nintendo needs to clean this mess up =P

I can play them fine, it's playing them well that I have problems with. Super slow, and even when I let it buffer all the way the videos are choppy. And this is with Comcast high-speed internet, the fastest kind in Florida. >.> Other people have similar problems and it kind of irritates me seeing as I could play them somewhat decently on my PS3. Hard to make the Wii my favorite console when online isn't the best. Take SSBB for example. What's up with not being able to see each others names? And the slow response to button pressing? Nintendo needs to clean this mess up =P

1. Set your Wii with a Static IP address.
2. Use Open DNS as your DNS
3. Set your MTU size to 0 which means auto.
4. Put your Wii on the DMZ within your router.

1. Set your Wii with a Static IP address.
2. Use Open DNS as your DNS
3. Set your MTU size to 0 which means auto.
4. Put your Wii on the DMZ within your router.

Lol unfortunately I'm a noob at all that XD. Static IP? How would I find DNS or MTU or DMZ?

same thing happen to me if you wana watch youtube videos go to youtube xl. hope it helps

Setting up Wii:

1) Go to Wii Settings.
2) Click on Internet.
3) Click on Connection Settings.
4) Click your Connection and method of connection.
5) Click on Manual setup.
6) If wireless then enter or select your SSID and enter your wep/wap key.
7) At the Auto-Obtain IP address select NO and then Advance Settings.
8) Enter the following:
IP: 192.168.1.10
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS: Primary 208.67.222.222, Secondary 208.67.220.220
MTU 0
9) Click Save and then OK.
10) Test Connection.

Try this first before we get to the router setup. What model Netgear do you have? Please list full model number with version.

^ Thanks dude, the little setup you gave me worked great, still kinda hard to get Youtube running properly but when the videos aren't slow or choppy anymore :). Have yet to check out the online on SSBB but I'm sure it'll be better now. Again thanks and hope people with the same problem I had see your post.

To further improve your connection you'll want to put your Wii on the DMZ within your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back