ZR Elite ~~ GoldenEye Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, better.
But hosting one?
SMH.
The way I see it they're doing people a favor. If people want extra xp that's their choice, I don't mind as long as the hackers don't use their hacks to win the game. And BTW I don't blame people for wanting extra xp, the leveling up in this game takes forever.

So? That's what makes the game fun, because, THAT'S THE POINT.
It's a feeling of accomplishment, knowing that you were fully legit in reaching the highest level.

XP boosting, IMO, shows nothing but cowardliness, laziness, and desperation.

Hacking, I agree w/ you on the topic. If he hacks for EVERYONE (and this is NOT REGARDING XP), then that's fine. Like Anarion, he allowed silenced P99s for everyone, for example.

Once again it's a personal choice, some people would rather be at LVL 56, than feel the accomplishment and take the time to reach there legitly.
And it's not like they're hacking for themselves, they do this on alternate accounts on their own time.

So? That's what makes the game fun, because, THAT'S THE POINT.
It's a feeling of accomplishment, knowing that you were fully legit in reaching the highest level.

XP boosting, IMO, shows nothing but cowardliness, laziness, and desperation.

Why can't boosting be regarded as also trying to have fun? Since this is a game, people would want to have access to every possible feature in order to have the most fun. I mean, you may view the legit way as having more fun (and I agree, but devil's advocate and all that) but people who view this differently will want everything at their fingertips. Because they didn't pay money to play this game day aftery day to try to lvl up like it's a chore.

TL;DR - Is a sense of accomplishment inherently needed for a game to be a fun game? Or is a game something that you play for your own definition of fun, not for accomplishments?

Last edited:
You brought up a good point.

However, out of the responses I've seen here on wiichat, they are more desparate, then actually needing the boost (e.g., to boost an alt, etc.)

For example, when you see people boosting on COD, what's your response?
First would usually be pissed off, because, look at all the videos of people stopping boosters.
People have been perma-banned because of boosting.
Why?
You're cheating the game.

I don't view leveling up as a chore, I see it as a challenge. It's only a chore if you make it into one.
If you want to get a grasp of a good majority of the weapons, play heroes.
Pick up dead 56ers weapons.

I understand it's a personal choice, and I completely respect that (in some sort of fashion), but I still view it as completely unnecessary (See: COD rant).

The sense of accomplishment is not *inherently* needed for a game, but it becomes a major factor of enjoyment.

So two arguments on your part so far.

1) Cheating the game
2) Challenge, not chore.

On cheating the game - The game isn't being cheated at all. In fact, not boosting means that the game is cheating whoever bought it. I mean, think about it - a person pays money for a game, but the game withholds certain portions and tells you to "earn it". Isn't the game cheating you? (By this logic, I would advocate that everyone get boosted. Which would mean that everyone is on a relatively even playing field)

On challenge, not chore - Not much to say here, tbh. It's pretty much all up to one's own opinion.

On boosting in general - One major side-effect of boosting are people spamming high level, overpowered weapons (masty, proxy, etc). However, I don't believe that the spamming is caused by boosting, since a legit high level can also spam. Rather, I think that these OP items shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. Although I do agree that boosting has propagated this problem.

(Reminder: Devil's Advocate here :p)

I'm walkin' on sunshine, oh-oh.~

Your favorite Karp Mod was here.

Lol Karp. I thought my rebuttal to the original post was pretty good too!

Good song, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oi, y'all keep it clean.

@ Rage, i like your signature and all but watch out for the Karpmod, i heard he eats snakes for breakfast

Considering the sig I gave 'em prior to that, I'll be nice 'n allow his foolish mockery of the one and true god. :lol:

This time...

Also, while I'm here, I s'pose I'll impart my thoughts on this... Again.

While I'm no personal advocate of boosting and I damn-well earn my levels and prestiges in multiplayer games, I certainly know where boosters come from. Some gamers do have lives and would prefer to not dump a month of their gaming time into a not-so-fun grind to unlock things. Others simply don't have fun with the daily grind (I damn-well don't... I wouldn't call level grinding a challenge either, since it only takes time to level up, not skill). Some games' progression and level-up systems are simply poorly designed; or at least, not designed with time in mind.

grind.jpg

Whether you're boosting by abusing a meet-up with friends to get the best XP possible through certain steps, or you're hackin', boosting is hardly somethin' evil that only impatient, terribly unskilled scrubs partake in. Sure, they don't earn their stars the proper way, and they damn-well don't deserve the respect that a legit 56'er got. But on the other hand, if you've earned it legitimately, how 'bout you (rightfully) gloat about how your determination and skill got you to the place you did, rather than belittle those who didn't?

I'm 5th Prestige level 50 in Red Dead Redemption (the highest level). It doesn't take as long as becoming a 56 in Goldeneye, but you see almost NOONE at that level these days, and still quite few at even half that level. There's a reason; it ****in' SUCKS to get that high of a level. You have the play the game in a literal grind, doing nothing but repetitive and boring grinding methods if you intend to get there "fast" (about 96 hours gameplay total; and that's the best grinding method available. And note, grinding [playing with the goal of gettin' the best XP payout], not even boosting). Otherwise, doing nothing but playing the game as intended, it takes even more time than gettin' to 56 in Goldeneye.

I ****in' hated playing the game solely to level up. It's terrible. I get requests for hax to let them be 56 as well, and since I know how nasty it is to grind my way up, I don't shoo them away with insults. I just tell 'em I earned it legit, and never hear from them again. And if you can't find it in yourself to be nice to all the illegitimate losers, at least don't be a dick about it. There's a difference in being prideful, and being an asshole elitist. The former is admirable, while the latter isn't.

TL;DR: I don't approve of boosting, but I don't mind it either. Ain't like someone is hacking the game and destroying your score/trolling you/whatever.

Good song, btw.

Ain't it?! :D

... Wait a minute, no double posting! ._.

Well I just don't have the time to wait till 56 any more... a 4year old, a 2year old and a 1week old... kinda busy with all that, but I still wanna get there. Thats my view on it. Sure it will NOT be "legit" and it may piss off those FEW who got there "legit" but I will get there... just taking the short cut, not the scenic route.

So two arguments on your part so far.

1) Cheating the game
2) Challenge, not chore.

On cheating the game - The game isn't being cheated at all. In fact, not boosting means that the game is cheating whoever bought it. I mean, think about it - a person pays money for a game, but the game withholds certain portions and tells you to "earn it". Isn't the game cheating you? (By this logic, I would advocate that everyone get boosted. Which would mean that everyone is on a relatively even playing field)

On challenge, not chore - Not much to say here, tbh. It's pretty much all up to one's own opinion.

On boosting in general - One major side-effect of boosting are people spamming high level, overpowered weapons (masty, proxy, etc). However, I don't believe that the spamming is caused by boosting, since a legit high level can also spam. Rather, I think that these OP items shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. Although I do agree that boosting has propagated this problem.

(Reminder: Devil's Advocate here :p)

Lol Karp. I thought my rebuttal to the original post was pretty good too!

Good song, btw.

Indeed.
I honestly don't feel like GE is cheating me. Well, now that you've put it in that light, I suppose it might. There ARE numerous things that Eurocom has done wrong w/ the game (map design in docks, for example).
I suppose it goes back to one's pride in saying they're legit, or not.

I'm still going to push the fact that the majority of boosters here are doing it for, what I believe, "no goody reasons".
What's the difference between say, someone that has gotten to lvl 40 legit, and then boosts a couple of levels compared to a level 10 boosting ALL (ALLthethings.jpg) the way to 56?
That's where I'm deriving the majority of my argument here.

Isn't the point of COD to level up? In it's most basic form?
In fact, a lot of games are based on the 'leveling' up concept.

I just honestly don't approve of boosting, simple as that.
Although, I'm afraid that I'll become a hypocrite of my word, so that's also a reason why I'm refraining from boosting as much as I can.

^ Last I checked, the most base objective of playing any game is to have fun, not level up. :p

And on the subject of CoD, I believe the second most important objective up from "having fun" is camping liek a leetle beech.

Ummm!!! Karp mod... are you highjacking this (clearing throat) GOLDENEYE THREAD with all this FISH (COD) BS?!?!?!?!?!?! LOL

Notice the FISH BS I threw into that post? KARP? FISH? COD? BS.... kidding

Last edited:
Alright everybody, the last week has been kinda confusing for ZR, so listen up:

1) This clan is NOT disbanding. Any members who have left believing this are welcome back.
2) Since James (Insiidious) has joined another clan, leadership has been passed on. To me. Yay.
3) I've decided to keep this clan less uptight and more fun. Fun is good.

TL;DR- This clan is alive and I'm the new leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back