3.2 million people sending back their Wii's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK987

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Chicago
I'm located in the U.S., just to let you know.

My mom was watching the news and found out that 3.2 million people (the ones that have purchased Wiis) will have to send back their Wiimotes because of the wrist strap problem. Wow! I was shocked, and quite glad because I don't have a Wii yet. It would be a pain in the neck to have to send back the Wiimote and be "Wiimote-less" (unless you have an extra Wiimote) for a few days or a week possibly (if not more than that).

I'm not sending back anything. The Wiimote strap is useless for me. I've never dropped or lost control of it, it's only people who are insanely into the game that do that...or people with bad motor skills.

Or in my case people trying to show off at skanksgiving and chuck your remote into the wall....needless to say he did NOT get laid that night.

sheesh why does everyone decide to post everything they hear! i have porbbaly read 2938293 threads on ThEy ArE ReCaLlInG ThE WiI!@!#! no they arent. go ahead and lsiten to you little local news. if there was a mass recall dont you think it would be posted on nintendo.com or even a different reputable gaming website????? phew finally let some steam off.

To: The peripheral.. Haha, yeah, that's true. I'm wondering if even half of those people will send back their Wiimotes.

Unless Nintendo has some type of list that keeps track of every Wii sold and sends mail to those who have to send back their Wiimotes, I don't think many people will send them back.

Well maybe it was needless maybe it was...i just like making fun of my friends is all. Is that a crime? Well Master Wii, if loving you is wrong i dont want to be right.

Kryptenx said:
Exactly. No one is sending in ****. Nintendo is just sending out new straps.

Please use the search function next time, we've seen this thread 50 times(in the past hour).

+1 to that... I was gonna say that, but you already did.

I had to school the moron lackey at Target the other day... I asked him about FarCry, and then he said, "Hey, did you hear about the recall?"

I said, "No." At this point I was assuming maybe he was talking about something other than the straps, since I had ordered mine from Nintendo the day before.

He said, "Yeah, Nintendo's gotta replace all the straps."

I looked at him like he was a moron and said, "No, there is no strap recall; all you have to do is go to nintendo.com or call NOA, and they'll send you the new ones."

ftcmark said:
There's no recall, you just order a new strap.

YES! someone else said it! thank YOU!

Like he said, it's not a recall, it's a replacement service.

and like many other people here, I feel no need to replace my existing straps. atleast the new controllers will have them, and I'll make sure to use those Wiimotes when I'm drunk. although I still probably wouldn't need them :p

-SpideyKonfusion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back