30 Best Games Of 2007

i know i'm gonna get flamed for this but there is no way in he!! that super mario galaxy is the game of the year don't get me wrong its a great game but i mean just look at how easy it is plus lack of major multiplayer... it shoulda been COD4, halo 3, or maybe even rock band for number 1 but galaxy should still be in the top 5

Syntax said:
I would choose either Halo 3 or Super Mario Galaxy. I would base the number 1 spot based on the number of sales in their first week. Unfortunately I have no idea which has sold more copies. However, whichever game sold the least amount would be ranked as the second most popular game.

if it were done that way, Halo 3 would be best game of all time. It had the highest opening sales of any game in history. With $170 million on the first day alone.

My Top Five:
1. Galaxy
1.1. Bioshock
3. COD 4
4. The Orange Box
5. Phantom Hourglass

*Have not played Mass Effect and not extensively played Rock Band.

Halo 3 is 8th.

And wiimankris the top two games this year, without a question in my mind, had no real multiplayer. (Bioshock and Galaxy)

Well, would've ranked COD4 higher... switch it with rockband. WoW is the worst game I've ever played, expansion pack is a waste of money.

My top ten games are as follows..

10.The Simpsons Game
9. Mario Party 8
8. Wario Ware Smooth Moves
7. Bioshock
6. Guitar Hero 3
5. Rock Band
4. Crysis (PC)
3. Call Of Duty 4
2. Super Mario Galaxy
1. Halo 3

Obviously, as your picks are different than mine, I disagree.

I only have one question though: What do u like about Halo 3, that sets it apart from Crysis or COD 4?

Not arguing, just asking.

I prefer the online game play of Halo 3 over COD4. Also, the game variants and maps are more interesting, in my opinion.

TIME magazine has their Top 10 Videogames of 2007 out.

1. Halo 3
2. The Orange Box
3. Rock Band
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Bioshock
6. Call of Duty 4
7. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
8. Mass Effect
9. Ace Combat 6
10. God of War 2

This list is pretty reasonable but the Orange Box shouldn't be on this list. They are old games repackaged. Best value game this year, yes; best game this year, no.

Syntax said:
Question:

Why is the master chief holding a knife? From what I recall, there was never a knife in any of the Halo series other than the sword. Also, I would rate Halo 3 above both Bioshock and The Orange Box in terms of popularity. To be honest, I disagree with this list.
All I see is the sword that appears cut off. Probably mid-swing to get a better screenshot or something like that.

Halo 3 was amazingly better than Halo 2. Everyone keeps saying buy Mario Galaxy for for my Wii, so I'll probably do it and see how it plays.

I'd put Halo 3 and Bioshock higher. I'm surprised Guitar Hero III was as low as it was on the list. I would not place Rockband as high either.

I really don't agree with Galaxy being #1. If you want my honest opinion, it did to the Mario game franchise what Halo did to it's respective franchise, refined the game into a more polished experience. Even though I don't own Halo, I would put it above Galaxy, because of the replay value of the online component. Same with some of those games that have an actual story, or a new experience. Those games, IMO, should all be in front of Galaxy; Pac-Man at #10? Give me a break, that's taking nostalgia two steps too far...

I would probably put either CoD4, Orange Box, or Bioshock in the top spot. Puzzle Quest and Zack & Wiki for me would have both been higher on that list as well.

i dont agree much at all with the list, the first 20 seem slapped together with no order though anyways. ill be waiting for ign's top list.

i also agree with the guy above me about SMG, but I dont agree halo should be higher.

Wiily Good said:
TIME magazine has their Top 10 Videogames of 2007 out.

1. Halo 3
2. The Orange Box
3. Rock Band
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Bioshock
6. Call of Duty 4
7. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
8. Mass Effect
9. Ace Combat 6
10. God of War 2

This list is pretty reasonable but the Orange Box shouldn't be on this list. They are old games repackaged. Best value game this year, yes; best game this year, no.
not true, they arent all old games

JAKE196 said:
Motorstorm and Bioshock weren't that great. Also halo 3 shouldn't be that high on the list. Just my opinion.
you even own a 360 or even a ps3? cause your opinion sounds like that of a gamer whos missing out...

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
i dont agree much at all with the list, the first 20 seem slapped together with no order though anyways. ill be waiting for ign's top list.

i also agree with the guy above me about SMG, but I dont agree halo should be higher.

not true, they arent all old games

you even own a 360 or even a ps3? cause your opinion sounds like that of a gamer whos missing out...

as far as i know, his opinion is shocking to me, because i have already stated, bioshock was a stellar game, easly my favourite 360 game.

Back