480i to 480p comparison

zraductus said:
i dont see the difference the only thing i see is that without component cables the image looks blurry and with them it looks sharper

Well, you ARE looking at a smaller image of a screenshot on a computer screen instead of the real deal. I heard zelda looks HORRIBLE without component cables on an hdtv...

looks more centered and less blurry, but until i can just find component cables easily on store shelves i can deal with composite. i played zelda on composite i didnt find it that horrible...;)

chase said:
Well, you ARE looking at a smaller image of a screenshot on a computer screen instead of the real deal. I heard zelda looks HORRIBLE without component cables on an hdtv...

Yes... it does. It looks SOOOOO blurry man. I am playing in SMALL bursts until I get my paws on a set of component cables.

ABC said:
Yes... it does. It looks SOOOOO blurry man. I am playing in SMALL bursts until I get my paws on a set of component cables.
no kidding... my 45 year old dad walks in and says wow that looks like ****:lol: :mad:

it's true though... Zelda on HDTV without component cables.... er not much better then PS2

StevenNevets said:
no kidding... my 45 year old dad walks in and says wow that looks like ****:lol: :mad:

it's true though... Zelda on HDTV without component cables.... er not much better then PS2
hehehe... well i will definately have to get component cables for my 32" lcd when i get my wii then.

ABC said:
Next time i'm at a club I'll tell all the ugly bitches to put on masks that make them look hot too.

You do that unintentionally when you pound down your 8th or 9th beer of the night. :D

In all seriousness, the Wii actually doesn't look too bad in 480i.

Thanks for sharing that comparison link, with a 42" plasma I definitely have to get some of those component cables. I'm sure they'll be widely available soon enough.

zraductus said:
i dont see the difference the only thing i see is that without component cables the image looks blurry and with them it looks sharper

why not mess around with ur tv settings with the sharpness and contrast until u get something like u had component cables

Old School / Ghetto Anti-Aliasing. FTW. :cornut:

W00t, finally I can test this theory. I have a pair of NIN component cables sitting at home waiting for me to get off of work.....

Now I can finally play Zelda!!!!!

chase said:
Yeah, you don't even need to bother getting component cabels if you have a regualr tv. The difference is so small it's just a waste of money. :p

Assuming by "regular" tv you mean a non-edtv without progressive scan.

Well if you have a non progressive scan tv, you won't have inputs for component cables, so yes, it would be a waste of money buying component cables.

vagrant said:

Well if you have a non progressive scan tv, you won't have inputs for component cables, so yes, it would be a waste of money buying component cables.

At home I have a 27inch JVC D-Series CRT Tube TV. It has component input but does not do progressive scan.

Component does not automatically mean Progressive scan, sorry to bust your bubble.

Color and clairty should improve, but it would still be 480i.

That TV is for sale if anybody wants it! LOL

vagrant said:

Yeah. My TV has component and s-video... btw, which is better?

chase said:
Yeah. My TV has component and s-video... btw, which is better?

The one with the video feed going through three wires or the one with the video feed traveling through a single lonely wire?

ABC said:
The one with the video feed going through three wires or the one with the video feed traveling through a single lonely wire?

RF all the way! :arf:

Component if you can!

yarsmang said:
At home I have a 27inch JVC D-Series CRT Tube TV. It has component input but does not do progressive scan.

Component does not automatically mean Progressive scan, sorry to bust your bubble.

Color and clairty should improve, but it would still be 480i.

That TV is for sale if anybody wants it! LOL

It should have said "most likely won't have inputs for component"

Back