500 wii points for the internet channel

Gr34t3st

WiiChat Member
Jun 3, 2007
I called Nintendo earlier this week about my Wii that is going in for repair. They asked me if I just wanted a new wii. The support guy I was talking to said that I may have to pay $5 to get the internet channel back. I guess they are charging 500 wii points to get the internet channel in a few weeks. I'm almost positive this is old news but it was new to me.

Well that is something new.

Other downloaded items are free to download and delete whenever you like. Sending the system in for repair includes changing your account to match the new Wii.

Having the internet channel not included in the migration is pretty bad in my mind.

paintba||er said:

Does it really matter exactly how long? Anyway, I don't think the full version has been out over half a year, but I can't say for sure.

December 22 is when the "beta" was available.

Isn't it more important that unlike every other download they want to charge you?

If you ever need a replacement Wii Nintendo will attach your account to that new system and you can redownload all the VC titles as many times as you like.

ciper said:
Isn't it more important that unlike every other download they want to charge you?

If you ever need a replacement Wii Nintendo will attach your account to that new system and you can redownload all the VC titles as many times as you like.

Why would you need to reattach the account? Don't you choose to link the account when you setup the wii for the first time?

No its built in to the Wii and is based off the serial number (or perhaps friend code?). That is why returning the console to the store when its broken is a bad idea.

It will also be interesting in the future when used Wiis are common. They will come with VC games permanently attached.

ciper said:
No its built in to the Wii and is based off the serial number (or perhaps friend code?). That is why returning the console to the store when its broken is a bad idea.

It will also be interesting in the future when used Wiis are common. They will come with VC games permanently attached.

Really? Then I have no idea how I got these free games lol. I sold my first wii and let the guy use the account I had on it and then when I bought my new wii I linked the same account and I was able to download certain games for free. Oh well I'm not complaining.

Really? Exciting news! This could help the scene figure out how to copy VC games between consoles which so far has been impossible. If you are pulling my leg Im going to be mad at you
I'm going to reformat my Wii tonight.

Anyone want to help by temporarily trading accounts with me? This could be a great backdoor to get loads of free games....

ciper said:
Really? Exciting news! This could help the scene figure out how to copy VC games between consoles which so far has been impossible. If you are pulling my leg Im going to be mad at you
I'm going to reformat my Wii tonight.

Anyone want to help by temporarily trading accounts with me? This could be a great backdoor to get loads of free games....

There has to be more to it than that. Nintendo isn't that retarded.

Back