Am I the only person who couldn't care less about no online play?

CrowTRobot

Blades Of Steel
Jan 3, 2007
Seriously.

The whole point of the Wii is to play with ACTUAL friends in your living room.

I tried playing Strikers online. People were either so bad that the final score was 36-0, or so good that I had no chance.

If there isn't another game made by Nintendo with online features, I'll be perfectly happy.

I have no desire for on-line play but do enjoy to play games with my friends across the net every once and while.

But random people to play against, no desire.

Yeah playing friends online is far better than random people. It would be better with a chat feature so you can feel like you are playing a real person.

I personally preffer single player games.

CrowTRobot said:
Seriously.

The whole point of the Wii is to play with ACTUAL friends in your living room.

I tried playing Strikers online. People were either so bad that the final score was 36-0, or so good that I had no chance.

If there isn't another game made by Nintendo with online features, I'll be perfectly happy.

Your the type of gamer Nintendo are in favour of, the casual playing with friends type.

I dunno, you must not play alot of games dude. The online is the future of gaming, I don't want to be playing the same friends over and over again. With online you can play with people with different styles or meet new people

Online is sweet, but then again I started a long time ago as compared to most of the people here. So I have a fairly complete cross section of how good and bad online communities can be.

Most of my friends don't live next door to me anyone, and in some cases the same city, so it's pretty much the only way we can keep regular contact.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Your the type of gamer Nintendo are in favour of, the casual playing with friends type.
Actually, I like both types of games. Metroid is my favorite series.

For Wii, I have:

Wii Sports
Excite Truck
Twilight Princess
WarioWare
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy

So, I have more "hardcore" games than party games.

CrowTRobot said:
Actually, I like both types of games. Metroid is my favorite series.

For Wii, I have:

Wii Sports
Excite Truck
Twilight Princess
WarioWare
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy

So, I have more "hardcore" games than party games.

All of those appeal to the casual strongly, also the way you are explaining this situation you come across as a strong casual'em'upper.:lol:

yeah..i barely ever play wii with actual friends.. actually its probably been months since ive played video games with friends, i like to go places w/my friends and do stuff outside.

i enjoy online play for my 360/wii though more than the single player aspects. very rarely do i actually finish a game's campaign. the last 3 i finished were guitar hero 3 and halo 3 and resident evil 4 (wii) and before that i cant even remember lol

so yah, i think online is important.

Cpt.McCloud said:
All of those appeal to the casual strongly, also the way you are explaining this situation you come across as a strong casual'em'upper.:lol:
Twilight Princess and Metroid are casual games? Like, "Oh I have 15 minutes to kill with my grandma, I think I'll throw in Prime 3 for a bit?"

You can't be serious.

If anything, "hardcore" games like Halo or Half-Life 2 are much more accesable than those.

CrowTRobot said:
Twilight Princess and Metroid are casual games? Like, "Oh I have 15 minutes to kill with my grandma, I think I'll throw in Prime 3 for a bit?"

You can't be serious.

If anything, "hardcore" games like Halo or Half-Life 2 are much more accesable than those.

They do have casual appeal no matter how hard you defend it.

I love online, Mario Kart Wii will be awesome. I like Halo 2 singel player and with friends. But online rules on it, makes it fun, so yeah I'm a online gamer all the way

Personally I preffer the PC for online gaming.

It's definately the best console for FPS's (yes even better than the Wii for them). My PC currently can give me better graphics than the PS3.

FRuMMaGe said:
Personally I preffer the PC for online gaming.

It's definately the best console for FPS's (yes even better than the Wii for them). My PC currently can give me better graphics than the PS3.

I've always thought of PC Gaming as a lot more expensive but recently I have been thinking.

You can buy a top of the range PC (custom of cause) and it will last for for ages even if you do end up doing minimum rather then recommended but with gaming you get documentation, internet and a lot of other useful factors which just go well with its set up.

Back