another sensoor bar question

ricktus

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I am having problems with my WII. I am totally lost on this one. Here is my problem:
I can sync my remotes, the main menu comes up but I do not get the hand icon. I have to remotes synced an neither hand icon appears. I have re-synced the remotes. I have two WII's and it happens on either WII. I have changed sensor bars and it still does not show the hand icon. It was working last night but since this morning I cannot get the hand icon to appear. Any one have any ideas on this. Is there a way to reset the WII itself????? Totally frustrated at this point.
Thanks for any ideas or help with this.

ricktus......................

some likely scenarios:

1 wiimote too close to tv
2 wiimote to far away from tv
3 sensor bar should be close to the edge of the top of tv; try moving it or see if someone farked around and set the bar to the underneath the tv position
4 check for light source interference: close your windows, turn off lights

hope that helps...

If the Wii remote's cursor ain't appearing at all, it's most likely both Wiimotes since the chances of both your Wii breaking at the same time are really slim.

I'd recommend taking Skidmarx's advice as well as making sure there is nothing that could interfere with your Wiimotes' signals. Glass in the path of the Wiimote/near the sensor bar can do this, and I've heard that certain wireless frequencies can mess with it too, like a radio on a certain channel or a phone. Disable as many electronics in the house as you can and see if that changes anything.

If none of this helps, try smacking either or both of your Wiimotes hard on your palm, the bottom side of the Wiimote the side you should hit. Gears in the Wiimote can on rare occasions get stuck, and doing this can unstick 'em. It worked for me in the past.

Also check your batteries. Esp old rechargeable batteries. And make sure the sensor bar is plugged in completely.

You can set the placement of the sensor bar to above or below your TV in the Wii options. As skidmarx mentioned sensor bar placement, but with mine it still works if the sensor is on top of my TV but set for below in the options it is just misaligned.

Back