Anyone a little worried about the Wiimote or in general?

yankeesrule13251

WiiChat Member
Aug 23, 2006
To tell the truth, (maybe you guys can help) i am a little worried with the wii. I have some concerns with the wiimote and if its will be fun and not annoying to use. I also still have some concern with the online play. They are saying its going to come out Janurary 2007, i am worried if it will work well and if it will actually come out and if it does will it be in january? I have gone other this with myself a lot, but i still feel the wii is for kiddy games. I know its not but i still have that feeling when i look at the ps3/x-box360. I dont want to get the wii and then a few months later look at the upcoming releases and see baby games...And i hope there arent tons of bugs with the wii....... PLEase help so i feel great when preordering it and dont feel any concerns..

dont listen to fanboys. wii is the less likely to have bugs. there are great games (not just for younger gamers) that are comming for the wii. online play has been confirmed for 2007 (battalion wars is an example)... anything else?

yea sure i might as well get everything out... What about the controller, is it going to be easy to catch on? Has ssbb been comfirmed to come out in january?? i know this sounds stupid, but i am curious to see if ppl will play the wii.. my friend said he was curiou about the controller. I was showing him super mario strikers and he said to get it for Gc but i said i am going to get it for the wii and he had a face like.. it looks stupid and that he didnt trust the controller.... That made me think of the wii and how the controller will be.. I want it to be fun.. not a struggle to play or tooooooo tiring after a little bit

well lets just say this. Im getting a wii, im alittle afraid it will suck, BUT, What does the other systems offer? From what we can see by how the trash the wii, they think that only graphics makes for the better game, and i have seen too many games with so much potential, suck really really bad, even though they have good graphics, so im supporting nintendo becuse of thier phylosphy about games. games supposed to be fun, and no mannor of good graphics can make a fun game. Sure bad art is one thing, but that has nothing to do with the system. nintendos games alwayse have a high degree of art put into them.

also i have been waiting for so long for this kind of vertual reality type gameing system. I swing the controler and link swings his sword, count me in.

thats true and i was thinking, worse to worse to worse, i can just sell the system if i dont like it, which i doubt.. When my friends come over i want them to say lets play the wii instead of gc...

Gah Im really starting to hate this kiddy game crap. Who cares long as you enjoy playing does it really matter? Mario is basically a kids game and yet it is probably the most popular game of all time. With Sega on board we can expect a fair bit of gore and what not anyway (house of the dead anyone), and if they bring Shenmue you will have one incredibly happy gamer here as I loved the first one on Dreamcast.

Online is being held till January to make sure they get it right, which seems like a good idea to me.

The Wiimote worries are there a little bit for me but I think as developers get more used to it things will get incredibly good, EA have shown us it can be used well with Madden 07 (well from previews of it anyway). I mean Christ this is E "release the same game with slightly better graphics and a higher number after it" A and they have rebuilt one of their flagship titles for wii.

Where are there previews of madden for the wii??? where can i see games being played that shows you the person playing the game besides wii.com???

Last edited:
I dont get some people, i'm here counting down the days till the greatest gaming experience since I first played Mario 64 and people are still not sure.

This is gonna be an amazing time for us, the Wiimote isnt a gimmick Nintendo have made gaming for the masses again like they did with the Nes.

The first time anyone gets hold of the mote then they will want the system, I know this for a fact!

I've been waiting for this thing for a couple years, I have absolutely NO concerns at all. (My only concern realy, is if I'll be able to get one on launch day.) I have read ALOT of reviews, watched TONS of videos, and looked at BILLIONS of pictures. Trust me, if there were any doubt to think about, I would have that doubt. The Wii is nearly flawless, and will be the greatest gaming experience to date.

As I have said before, "Nintendo came up with the first Touch-Screen handheld, and the first Console with an extremely accurate motion sensitive controller. If there will ever be virtual reality video games, Nintendo will be the first to have it."

Last edited:
Things convincing me:

Awesome reviews on GameSpot and IGN. There are simply too many good reviews on games for it to be bad. Sure, there are some kiddie games, but I still see lots of more teenish-mature ones.

Red steel's stunning graphics and controls(said to be extremely pinpoint accurate).

Wii channels(browsing internet(google maps and weather) with the thing is gonna be so cool).

Also, knowing Nintendo it should be nearly bug-free, durable, and fun. :)

Oh yeah and $200 less so you can buy other shtuff with it.

EDIT: Found a good quote:
"Wii is not a next gen system the same way as PS3 and X-360. Wii is not powerful for graphics but in terms of controls this is the most powerful hardware on the market. Shooting and sword fighting have never been so real and immersive as with the Wii controller. And the best graphics ever will never deliver that." - Ubisoft.

Last edited:
Its just new technology it always divides people. Some like me and you chuck themselves into it, and others are more cautious. I remember it took ages for my mate to release DVD is waaaaaaay better than VHS.

Basically Ive been excited about this since the revolution was announced. Ive never been a fanboy but this, DS and Sonys arrogance does seem to be sending me Nintendos way.

Seriously, why do you care sooo much what other people think of Wii and what you'll look like when playing it? If some one has the nerve to laugh at you and make fun of you for enjoying a good game, or for anything for that matter, just tell them to shove it! In the end, it's the people that don't conform to everyone else that are the real cool people and the people that think they're so cool, they're just full of themselves and aren't very spontaneous or interesting.

I've seen tons of videos of Red Steel, Zelda, Metroid, etc. and the controlls look tight. Wii's controller is really what I've always hoped for. It's like a combination between a mouse and keyboard, which is great for first person shooters and the anolog stick and limited buttons and triggers of a console controller, which is great for platformers, racers, and pretty much every other genre.

If you're afraid Nintendo is only going to cater to little kids, think again. Far Cry, Red Steel, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and more to come all feature rather mature themes and those three are launch titles! Nintendo learned their lesson with the Gamecube that if they want to get anywhere they need games for all types of people.

When there are enough Xbox 360 exclusive games, I'll buy one because while Wii will have some mature games, Xbox 360 will have games like Halo and Gears of War, which just won't come out for Wii. I may even buy a PS3 some day, since they have a few very unique and artistic franchises like ICO, Katamari Damacy, Okami, etc.

Online will most definitly be just as good if not better than what the DS has now. DS even has some games with voice chat, so I can't even imagine what it will be like for Wii and...it's completly free! These first batch of games won't be online, but after X-mas, when the developers have access to the online part of Wii, it's going to be outstanding.

Here's a few videos to show what Wii can do:

Red Steel
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfeidlcWIuQ[/MEDIA]

Metroid Prime: Corruption
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yAtybU2B3k[/MEDIA]

These videos don't do Wii justice. If you want to see them in higher quality, go to IGN and download some of them.

Go here for Red Steel videos and here for Metroid Prime: Corruption videos.

Back