Worried about Wii stock

GMPrime

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
Hello

I'm a diehard Nintendo fan, and have been following the Wii since it was first announced. I was hoping to get one not necessarily on the first day, but before the Thanksgiving weekend.

The trouble is, I didn't preorder it at my first chance. I'm not really a preorderer, I don't know why. I just tend to walk into the store and buy things. However, now I've decided to try to preorder the Wii. The problem is, everywhere I look (Amazon, EB Games, Toys R Us, etc.) is sold out of preorders or isn't taking them.

This causes me to worry: will I be able to get a Wii anytime near the release date? I'm worried all the local stores will be completely sold out within a few hours of opening.

Are my worries justified? I know I should have preordered in the first place, but with my present situation, do you think I should still plan on getting a Wii by the end of the month?

Hopefully you'll be able to calm my panicky self. Even, if you can't, thanks in advance!

Yea im getting Panicky too. After finding out that there were actual line ups for preorders close to my house. Man i thought that there wouldn't be any :S , But i live in Canada, So im going to compose a list for you where you can search for your wii. Yea if you go to all these stores on launch i doubt you will be able NOT to find one.
-Sears
-Walmart - Getting Alot
-Loblaws[Canada]
-EBgames - Sold out fast
-Gamestop[US] - Sold out fast
-Gamecrazy
-Play.com
-Bestbuy - Getting Lots
-Futur shop - Owned by Bestbuy[Same Company] - Getting alot i think
-Toys R Us - Getting the MOST
-Target - Getting lots but depends on location
-FYE
-Amazon.com
-Amazon.ca
Also check the preoder section of the forum.
Some of these are only in the US...

best bet is to call places like eb and try to find the next ship date and get on a list or just be there day of...

Thanks for the list, I regret to say that there were a few I hadn't thought of checking. I'd thought I'd got them all :crazy:.

However, I did a brief rundown of them, and from what I can see, they're sold out too...

By the way, I live in the US, in Gainesville, FL, where there is a good selection of gaming stores.

And thanks for the shipping date suggestion, I guess that might be my only choice.

GMPrime said:
Thanks for the list, I regret to say that there were a few I hadn't thought of checking. I'd thought I'd got them all :crazy:.

However, I did a brief rundown of them, and from what I can see, they're sold out too...

By the way, I live in the US, in Gainesville, FL, where there is a good selection of gaming stores.

And thanks for the shipping date suggestion, I guess that might be my only choice.
Gainesville Rock city haha, well anyway Amazon.com hasn't taken online pre-orders yet, gamestop.com hasn't taken online pre-orders yet, and I heard that walmart.com is going to do another round of online preorders, but wal-mart has the bundle pre-order. If that doesn't work it Wal-mart supercenters are going to get a lot and you may have to wait a while in line(as in 6-10 hours), but it will defifinatley be worth it. You could also check Best Buy on launch day, some say that they are going to open one hour earlier, and Sears not many people know that they sell consoles, and when the gamecube and ps2 came out there was hardly anyone in line there. I don't know about the 360 release though, I think more people found out about it, and Sears may not get a lot. But there ya go that's about all I know.

Messykitty414 said:
Gainesville Rock city haha, well anyway Amazon.com hasn't taken online pre-orders yet, gamestop.com hasn't taken online pre-orders yet, and I heard that walmart.com is going to do another round of online preorders, but wal-mart has the bundle pre-order. If that doesn't work it Wal-mart supercenters are going to get a lot and you may have to wait a while in line(as in 6-10 hours), but it will defifinatley be worth it. You could also check Best Buy on launch day, some say that they are going to open one hour earlier, and Sears not many people know that they sell consoles, and when the gamecube and ps2 came out there was hardly anyone in line there. I don't know about the 360 release though, I think more people found out about it, and Sears may not get a lot. But there ya go that's about all I know.

I thought I saw a news post somewhere that Amazon and Gamestop had ran out... nevertheless, your words have calmed me down a little bit :cool:. Thanks for the response.

i am in a 100% worried mode. I thought i would be able to get 1 on release but my chances feel slim. I dont live in a HUGE area so each store isnt going to get tons of them. Walmart is the closet to me and if i go there 4am sunday, i have a feeling there will be a line. ( there are eb/gs, but all are sold out) then there is costco, which i doubt they will have a lot. Then theres bestbuy/target/fye all in 1 mall and thats a big mall which means a lot of people waiting onlines. ( the best buy guy told me ppl already said they r going to wait outside 2 days b4 it comes out) So i am worried. Then it might be like 2 months until any of those stores get more and once they do, would people camp out to get a wii?????????..and 4 million and most of those 4 million is prob going to big areas that are most known........AHHH:yikes: :scared:

!!!!!!

You could always drive to the nearest big city and see what's available there. You would call ahead first, of course, because you're smart and wouldn't want to waste a trip.

Be easy yall, not all places are doing midnite launches, but as long as you have an extra 4-6 hours to spare and count heads before getting in line, if you are 25 or later in line good luck! You have to factor in employees dipping into numbers, so if walmart claims to have minimal 40 per store, you want to be in the top 20 in line for 100% chance to get your wii. I hope walmart doesnt pull the okay lets raffle instead card. Making your wait in line pointless.

You shouldn't have a problem seriously
i went to my local Gamestop today to sell some of my GC stuff to get money for the Wii.
I asked him if it would be a problem to get one from here.
He said
"No, you should be able to get on launch day, its basically a first come first serve basis here, but they have 1 million Wii at launch which is basically unheard of for a console. But if you dont get one you wouldn't have to wait much longer till we get another shipment in. You should just keep checking in around launch day to get one, you should be fine"

So seriously, you should be pretty safe from even getting one at EB or Gamestop. I wouldn't reccomend though, i would go with target or something just because they didn't take pre orders. But if i had to say you should be fine on find one on launch day!

i just called ebgames and asked when they would be getting there next shipment after the 19th he said sometime next year like January/ Febuary!!! Now i am realllyyyyyy nervous and worried

Your eb games blows...thats why I dont shop there...misinformation central. My boy who MANAGES a gamestop, claims they will get a shipment THE DAY OF THE LAUNCH, fedex and ups do offer weekend shipping folks.Thats not including the units they already have. If you cant get one sunday for sure monday.

ehhh i dont know.. i will try calling a different ebgames and ill tell u what they say.. i will edit this post......... anyways, i am so tempted to pay more and get it on ebay ( from some1 who has awsome 100% feedback and is a powerseller).... I... x-mas is the perfect time to have it b/c no school so i can learn to play the wii

i called a differnt ebgames the guy said hes not sure but maybe a few weeks b4 x-mas......... but would ppl still camp out for the next shipment? b/c then it will still be hard to get... Has any 1 ordered 1 from ebay??

Last edited:
Go to Best Buy. They almost always in the top of the town in stock. They are also very organized and helpful.

Back