Anyone going Wii Camping?

dbinder1987

WiiChat Member
Sep 17, 2006
A few friends and i are planning on camping for the wii at a local walmart. I havent ever camped at a store before so i would like some ideas of what its like and what i shouls bring. were planning on getting there around 3 on friday the 17, and wait till the 19th. This is the list of things im planning on bringing.

Cash
food/drinks
chairs
blankets (it is november you know, and i live in NH)
psp
laptop
beating stick! (used to beat away people that would want to steal my wii) JK!! lol

anything else you guys think i should bring? Its gana be me and 2 other guys so far so how should we pick the order we get them? like i would hate to get up there, they both get one and i dont just because they jumped in front of me. should we draw straws or something? If you have camped at a store, post your experiences!

-Binder
future Wii Owner

thats for hippies lol, no but for real, i remember in my city, bunch of xbox nerds were campoing and were surprise in the morning to see the lot empty and they were all like "we though there were gonna be llines" lol...jackasses anyway i think nintendo is worth camping, did u see the line at e3 i posted? INCREDIBLE

Camping in Manchester
the only camp place is down the vilage you know (C)anal Street

But for the console only mad people are in Manchester over night

Dark

Hey dark, your talking about manchester NH right? you should come down to the somersworth walmart and camp with us. Im at school in concord right now, but i think we will have the best chances at a store in a smaller town. Or maybee we will try to meet up with you in manchester! let me know.

-Binder

That sounds awesome aha!

question is, will you goto sleep when you get home or play wii for the next 12 hours :p

Obvious question i think..

Why would you camp for 2 days outside of Walmart when it is open 24 hours and you could just go in at 11 the night before the 19th and wait to grab a Wii at 12? That's what I'm going to do...

God bless America. In the UK people just don't do that lol :p

i might. depends on if others are camping or not. i was going to go up to gamecrazy about 11 PM nov. 18th and if there is anyone camping, ill camp but if not. ill just check the opening time for the morning and get up their 1 and a half hrs before that!

dbinder1987 said:
Hey dark, your talking about manchester NH right? you should come down to the somersworth walmart and camp with us. Im at school in concord right now, but i think we will have the best chances at a store in a smaller town. Or maybee we will try to meet up with you in manchester! let me know.

-Binder

Manchester UK

tis a freky street to go down on a nice day if your a bloke

All them damn eyes watching

Eyeing me up

Damn it whens it gona be sunny again

i have to find out the deal with my gamestop first and everything, but i dont wanna get a tent but i will wait outside for a long time

Here in Houston, I dont think it will be a problem getting one on release day as long as I pre-order early enough. Werent they suppose to start accepting pre-orders this week?

I wonder, should I just pre-order in the US as soon as possible at Gamestop, or should I just go to walmart at like 5 PM on the 18th and just wait till 12?

OR should I pre-order and then camp out to make sure I am the first to get the pre-order, but then again, I'm not sure if Gamespot will stay open for 24 hours for the Wii release.

EDIT: Oh, and dbinder1987, dont bother going 2 days earlier, I was the first person in South Jersey to get a DS for camping out at Wal-mart, and I got there around 6 PM the day before it came out, and just waited the whole 6 hours, and way way in the front of the line, the first people.

Last edited:
Back