Anyone Play Organized Basketball here?

Yeah, I'm the 4th tallest starter on my team I think. We've got two 6'4 posts, a 6'2 shooting guard and another 6'0 guard. We're a primarily Dutch town so.. that's why we're all so tall. (Even though I'm 100% German)

nic7 said:
@Leve- Yeah, one out of every 3 or 4 classes in Pella that happens too. There's always a grade that just gets screwed over. (Or at least screwed over by the underclassmen)
I forgot a major part of it :sick:

We've got three huge guys that have always been bumped up. In gradeschool, we were taught to rely on them because they had such an edge. They took them away in JH/HS and thats when those two garbage kids tried to become leaders. Stupid system screwed us xD

EDIT: 6 foot shooting guard.

Our coaches are majorily against bumping people up. They feel as if people get big headed and don't work harder to get better. (I know at least one case where this held true a few years back) I think 3-5 of the guys on our Freshman team were good enough to go to the next level, but they decided not to. (And our current team does have an outside chance of making the state tournament)

And I hate kids that think they are leaders but the whole rest of the team knows they aren't and they just don't like them in that role.

i hate peopel that think they are leaders man its all about team work without team work your going no where

Won my game yesterday. Only played 16 minutes because we got up 25 early and last time we beat this team by 50 and my coach didn't want to rub it in.

Anyway, 12 points, 8 assists, 5 steals, 4 turnovers (Not too good), 6 rebounds (Pretty cocky about this)

i'm the 6'0'' guard putting up about 20 points/game but he exaggerated that a little bit, i'd say it's closer to 16 or 17, but it's kind of a skewed stat because alot of my points are off of steals and fast break layups but i guess playing good defense gives good rewards (haha also enjoy cockiness) but nic7 could have more points but he is unselfish and passes the ball for someone else to have a chance, but for an update we're now 10-0 and about to play the team that came within about 10 points of us

Could only play until half today. Scored 8 points, 3 steals and two assists in just the first quarter :)

Back