Anyway i can use a PS3 Controller on PS2?

Tekken Fan

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2011
Georgia
i wanna know is there any kinda way i can use a PS3 Controller on a PS2(Converter ect.)i dont have a PS3 but i have a PS2 with Awesome racers( Gran Turismo 3, 4, Underground NFSHP2 ect.) and i want the best from them.i saw a Kickass PS3 Racing Controller and wanna use it on my PS2.i know if i hook the controller to the PS2 Via USB port,it would Probably Charge it.is there a cable that dosent charge it when it the USB Port?Most USB devices dont work on the PS2(PC Controllers) so i have a Converter that Converts a Non PS2 device to a PS2 Device.i would Greatly Appreciate your Answer.Thank You.

You cannot use the PS3 controllers on the PS2. This is because the PS2 is not froward compatible and therefore cannot support the PS3 controllers technology.

Both of those adapters are for PS2 to PS3. You have to plug in a PS2 controller to use them on a PS3. PS2 does have a USB port so maybe that would work, but I've never heard of anyone using a PS3 controller with PS2. PS2 controllers are cheap anyway so just buy a new one.

Back