Art thread

bonodo said:
i dont know if you can class this as "art" but i draw cartoons, comic strips and (how do i put this) werid drawings e.g. i drawn a street being sucked into a vortex thing

Of course cartoons are classed as art. A drawing is art. Wikipedia says cartoons are drawings

A cartoon is any of several forms of illustrations with varied meanings that evolved from its original meaning. A cartoon (from the Italian cartone and Dutch/Flemish word "karton", meaning strong, heavy paper or pasteboard) is a full-size drawing made on paper as a study for further drawings

And I love cartoons, it's one of my favourite art styles because artists always differ, you can never get the same type of style with it.

well my scanners bust so im gonna go down the library to do that, ohh yes and i was doing an animation all frames hand drawn, coloured and shaded, i had 859 frames and it took me about a year and 2 months, but. . . its just my luck that something bad will happen to them, and something did. . . i ALLWAYS keep them in a plastic box ive got, and the mlastic just decides to melt and burn (i think it was cost of a heat wave, its even inside so it must have been really hot) and the paper goes all brown, then whosh it catches fire!

oops, soz bout double post, the wiis bit slow so i pressed submit twice coz i have no patience

Last edited:
sonicscrap2byjay61pnggq3.jpg

Dawn by hand...then I went over the likes in Paint. Yes Paint. I have no photoshop.

alienss4.png

Alien off Alien. By hand again.

primetimefz1.png

Opitmus Prime, possibly the best character evar. Hand done again. With a pencil no less.

Erm yeah, I like to draw things...they may not be great, but I like em :lol:

bonodo said:
well my scanners bust so im gonna go down the library to do that, ohh yes and i was doing an animation all frames hand drawn, coloured and shaded, i had 859 frames and it took me about a year and 2 months, but. . . its just my luck that something bad will happen to them, and something did. . . i ALLWAYS keep them in a plastic box ive got, and the mlastic just decides to melt and burn (i think it was cost of a heat wave, its even inside so it must have been really hot) and the paper goes all brown, then whosh it catches fire!

Woah, I feel gutted for you, I would have went berserk. Heat waves are pretty unusual around here too, and you, live so close to me. Are you going to attempt it again?

Maybe you should go into digital animations, you can always retrace your steps and, have everything saved, there's basically always a way to recover it.

It's a shame too, I'm rethinking keeping my art in a plastic box now, I've always done that, on top of the generator too. :tard:

Jay, your drawings are amazing =P

Frogger said:
Woah, I feel gutted for you, I would have went berserk. Heat waves are pretty unusual around here too, and you, live so close to me. Are you going to attempt it again?

Maybe you should go into digital animations, you can always retrace your steps and, have everything saved, there's basically always a way to recover it.

It's a shame too, I'm rethinking keeping my art in a plastic box now, I've always done that, on top of the generator too. :tard:

Jay, your drawings are amazing =P
i do digital animation too, its just the hand drawn one was a project for a website

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Meh.. my photography's better, he's some of it.. their black and white that I developed in a dark room myself, none of them are actual final ones so they might not be of perfect quality, some of them are test prints too..

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

En4Neo said:
Prepare for some sloppy sketching!

jessesgirlyaya0001.jpg

jessesgirlyaya10001-1.jpg

I actually love doing sketches like this :] though I do Art for GCSE (and gonna do it for A Level next year) and I don't do sketches like this.. when I'm doing like practice papers and stuff, I always end up drawing like this on the back :] I also love your suns :lol:

Jess again, hope I made her look good:

jessezyessy0001copy.jpg

Her simpsified version looks a little scary though, lol.

Last edited:
Back